Football (Soccer) Fans Gather
Jun 2, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #19 of 532
  I can't believe he was re-elected. 

If it was anything like the last 'election' the ballot paper looked like this.

But, just four days after the election, Blatter resigns! 

Unfortunately, stepping down after the election gives his hand-picked successor several months to grease all the relevant palms before the next FIFA congress. That's assuming the FBI don't nab whoever it is in the intervening time.

Jun 3, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #22 of 532
I don´t know it seem news to some that Blatter is corrupt I knew it when he got the presidency. I believe most did but nobody cared? Now everybody cares???
The question is why strike now? Must be some political reason I am sure.

Jun 3, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #23 of 532
  I don´t know it seem news to some that Blatter is corrupt I knew it when he got the presidency. I believe most did but nobody cared? Now everybody cares???
The question is why strike now? Must be some political reason I am sure.

I think people cared, but Blatter was strongly entrenched in the position and defended by an army of lackeys. Thankfully, one member (Chuck Blazer) was persuaded to snitch, and the evidence mounted up enough for the FBI to build a case. Hopefully they have enough material to work with so that Blatter and his pals don't wriggle out of punishment on a technicality.

Expect to see a fair number of FIFA fat cats in trouble, and not just the ones arrested last week.

Jun 3, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #24 of 532
Predictions for the Juventus barca game?

I can't see a win for Juve, but I want them to win, for Pirlo and Buffon! Xavi's won it enough times XD

Jul 15, 2015 at 7:11 AM Post #28 of 532
Never heard of the guy lol

Jul 15, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #29 of 532
I think Sterling does have potential.
Guess his price tag is inflated by the fact that it was Man City (£££!!!!) wanting him, the cut for QPR who originally sold him to Liverpool is also calculated. 

Does seem crazy nonetheless. Also wondering whether it reflects the lack of players of that position in the market currently. Hmmn not sure, I've not been following football as religiously in the past  year or two.

Jul 15, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #30 of 532
Good deal for Liverpool - now just don't blow it all on another Carroll 
wink_face.gif
Sterling needs to improve his finishing considerably if he is to be a top attacking player. He might do that at City, but equally he might be shipped out again after a couple of seasons like some of the other young hopefuls who have been through the City wringer in recent times.

If Sterling is City's only signing this summer, it's hard to see them as real contenders next season - too many issues are still left unaddressed, especially in defence - Kompany was a notch or two below his best last season, as well as Zabaleta. As it stands, Utd have got a march on them by signing Depay, Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back