Foobar2000 WASAPI Popping Noise
Sep 7, 2017 at 3:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

BigBig5

New Head-Fier
I just got an SMSL M2 USB DAC. I have the output plugged into my SMSL sAp II headphone amp. In Foolbar200 I have WASAPI set, but I get popping/clicking noise when I click on a track to play and also when clicking play, pause and stop. What could cause this to happen?

UPDATE: Just installed ASIO4ALL and now I only get a pop when clicking a track, play and pause.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #4 of 10
How loud is it compared to the music? The Sabre chip's datasheet says it should be pop free on power up/down, mute, and reset. If it's a substantial pop it might be worth emailing their customer service about it.

Sep 9, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #5 of 10
How loud is it compared to the music? The Sabre chip's datasheet says it should be pop free on power up/down, mute, and reset. If it's a substantial pop it might be worth emailing their customer service about it.
I think it my be the Microsoft driver. SMSL doesn't have the driver on their website. I have emailed them for one. Also, made a thread about trying to get the driver.

Sep 12, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #7 of 10
I just bought a USB powered hub with power supply on Amazon to see if it's a power problem. Just test on my Android phone and popping. It has to be the driver in Windows 10. Still looking for the official driver.
It's still popping on the Android device?

Oct 26, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #9 of 10
that is the problem with lots of cheap dacs, they do not know how to write drivers or they buy and implement a crappy usb solution! And I have had it happen on Fiio stuff, Schiit stuff and others!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back