1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

foobar2000 + milkdrop/avs together at last

Discussion in 'Computer Audio' started by manaox2, Jun 5, 2011.
First

Back
1 2
  1. reelbigfish0123
    This method totally worked right away for me, but I am having the same problem with not being able to save any changes to the settings; they revert to defaults instantly.

How did you fix this??

2. reelbigfish0123
    This method totally worked right away for me, but I am having the same problem with not being able to save any changes to the settings; they revert to defaults instantly.

How did you fix this??

3. violentvinyl
    To get the settings to save, you have to run FooBar as Administrator (right click on the icon and then click "Run As Administrator"). FooBar doesn't have write access to the directory where the MilkDrop configuration is stored (because it's copied in from a WinAmp install). You could probably go in and figure out the permissions it needs, but I found that even on my laptop (the nice thing about running older software), I could basically max out all the settings and don't really need to go back in and change them again, so I only had to do it once.

Also, it was really funny that someone mentioned that MilkDrop looks like it's from 2001. That's probably because it first came out in 2001: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MilkDrop

Anyway, thanks for the blast from the past guys, used to chillout with some good music and MilkDrop back in college, so this was a trip down memory lane for me.

wolfxomg likes this.
  4. Stratos24
    Thanks manaox2.  Milkdrop is a gorgeous & timeless visualization experience.  So nice to have it running with Foobar2000.   A blast from the past. . .

5. Tennessee
    I just want to say thank you for the OP.
    Always wanted to have this retro winamp animations in foobar, but never looked for any solutions till today on my way home I said to myself hey let's ask google... and I found this topic 5 years old, with working links and everything, amazing. Now I can have at home what we use to do with my dj friend - sitting on the couch whole night, having bottle of whiskey and milkdrop from laptop on 60" flatscreen, listening to old psy-trance sets, cool! ^^

6. wolfxomg
    Thanks to OP, Works great and Glad to have this on My fully modded F2K :D
    That Administrator trick works, & for the shortcut just simply look for keyboard shortcuts under F2K Preferences-> Filter by Shpeck Milkdrop2.2 and bind it to a button, sweet !!

First

Back
1 2