Foobar2000 and Itunes at the same time?
Jun 2, 2018 at 4:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Steve999

smooth, DARK
I'm posting here after many years of dormancy.

I currently use Itunes on a PC for my music library. Does anyone know if I can use Foobar2000 with the same music files that Itunes is using without Foobar altering my files or messing up my Itunes setup? They are all mp3 or AAC files. I am interested in using both Itunes and Foobar2000 alternately (not at the same time) but with the same music files and with Itunes solely controlling the content of the actual music files.

Thanks!

Jun 2, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #2 of 5
Works for me. I also make sure iTunes saves the music as MP3 too upon download. Also, iTunes sometimes uses a different master in the preview file compared to the one you end up downloading.

Jun 2, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks! Do you mean you make sure Itunes downloads the file as MP3 as opposed to AAC? If so, why? I guess I don't understand.

Works for me. I also make sure iTunes saves the music as MP3 too upon download. Also, iTunes sometimes uses a different master in the preview file compared to the one you end up downloading.

Jun 2, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #4 of 5
MP3 is easily transferred without fighting issues with Apple's AAC files. I think Foobar does fine with both types now as I have both types running without issue.

Jun 3, 2018 at 12:51 AM Post #5 of 5
I've got it set up, no problems, thanks for sharing your experience. It was very helpful. :)

MP3 is easily transferred without fighting issues with Apple's AAC files. I think Foobar does fine with both types now as I have both types running without issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back