foobar2000 and asio
Jan 19, 2006 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

familyman

500+ Head-Fier
i cant get asio to show up in my foobar preferances...
i downloaded the asio dll 7 zip file, and extracted it into the foobar2000 components folder... and nothing shows up in foobar2000 pref's

whats up
confused.gif

Jan 19, 2006 at 8:06 PM Post #3 of 8
only options there are direct sound, direct sound v2.0, kernal streaming, waveout.

whats the best out of these?

Jan 19, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #4 of 8
Wrong forum I'd say, but you should have a foo_output_asio(something-or-other).dll in the components folder. Out of the others, kernel streaming is most likely to give unaltered playback (with wave volume slider to max).

Jan 22, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by hagerman
You need to add the ASIO4ALL wrapper.

No you don't - asio4all is the devils work
mad.gif
Just make sure the asio .dll is in the Foobar components folder
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #7 of 8
Have you closed foobar2000 and reopened it since you pasted the ASIO dll into the components folder? The dll is only read when the program is initially restarted; the dll is not read each time you open up the preferences window. If you do that and you still don't get the ASIO option for an output, then make sure you downloaded the right 7zip file and dropped the right dll in the components folder. Other than that, I have no idea what could cause the problem you're having.

If you cannot get ASIO to work then kernal streaming should give the same, if not better, sound quality with the disadvantage that it's a little newer (as I understand it) and therefore occasionally causes some strange things to happen.

P.S.: This thread clearly belongs in the "Computers as Source Components" catagory, since this is a software issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back