Foobar?
Jun 7, 2012 at 6:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

metllicamilitia

100+ Head-Fier
All right, so I bought the Cowon C2, been using it for a couple weeks and 3 times now it's screwed up saying a file was invalid, but this last time reset all my settings. I'm wondering if this from transferring large amounts of music at one time or maybe from foobar. I used foobar to rip all my CD's into FLAC and all but one CD it said all were ripped with minor problems. Is that an issue? All the songs play, so I didn't think anything of it. Just trying to find the root of my problem.

Aus dem geist der geisterkranken

Jun 7, 2012 at 6:48 AM Post #2 of 4
I use a C2 with Foobar FLAC rips all the time and have never encountered your issue. I'd guess something went wrong during transfer on the Cowon end (don't touch any of the side buttons during transfer, I've been told). And have always believed the "minor problems" reported by foobar  to indicate inaccurate sound reproduction rather than file corruption.

Jun 7, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #3 of 4
I'll guess try deleting the music and trying again, I believe one time my computer went to screen saver while transferring cause I fell asleep. That stopped the transfer until I woke the computer up.

Jun 7, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
I'll guess try deleting the music and trying again, I believe one time my computer went to screen saver while transferring cause I fell asleep. That stopped the transfer until I woke the computer up.

When you say "screen saver", you mean sleep mode, right ? This does sound like something that would freak the Cowon out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back