Foobar customization
Jul 7, 2005 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

fishtankfish

100+ Head-Fier
Hey,

it seems univsersal that Foobar is the best player. Up until now i've been using winamp and i really like its interface. someone mentioned on here the other day that foobar could be skinned to look like winamp, how do i do that?

secondly, what are the best plug-ins and things i should do to get foobar running at full speed?

thanks

Jul 7, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #2 of 20
foo_ui_gfx mimicks the winamp UI fairly well

Jul 7, 2005 at 4:21 AM Post #3 of 20
Foobar frightens me!
eek.gif
I too am subjected to using WinAmp because I'm too lazy to set up Foobar correctly. However, I've just got a new sound card and would like to get its full potential. I'm with the OP, how do we set up Foobar to function like WinAmp and is there any specific plug-ins that I need to get???

Please help!!!
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2005 at 4:43 AM Post #4 of 20
foobar frightened me too... then i found foo_ui_gfx... then eventually moved to columns UI

now my foobar looks like this
foobar3.png

Jul 7, 2005 at 3:44 PM Post #6 of 20
necropimp & ch1nkster - I believe we want to know HOW to customize foobar, not what it looks like after the customization has been done.
smily_headphones1.gif
Actually, both of your creations look quite nice.

Anyway, what "foobar forum/s" are recommended so that the rest of us can learn how to do this??

Holly

Jul 7, 2005 at 8:42 PM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by OakIris
necropimp & ch1nkster - I believe we want to know HOW to customize foobar, not what it looks like after the customization has been done.
smily_headphones1.gif
Actually, both of your creations look quite nice.

Anyway, what "foobar forum/s" are recommended so that the rest of us can learn how to do this??

Holly

The Hydrogenaudio forums are where you want to hang out, then. TONS of info, you just have to sift through it.

Jul 7, 2005 at 8:59 PM Post #8 of 20
Thanks, Helter Skelter. I had done a google search after reading this thread and found that forum - lots and lots of info! Guess I have some research to do!

Holly

Jul 7, 2005 at 11:08 PM Post #9 of 20
While you're doing the research, you can have your foobar setup in a simpler manner in a matter of a couple minutes. Call it a temporary setup if you want, a milestone on your way to Foobar bliss...

See this page:

http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/fb2k/strings.php?s=vote

And select the design you like best. Then follow the link to the design.
Mine looks like this now:

dan-foobar.jpg

The design is called "dynamic". It's not nearly as fancy as necro's but like I said you can be up in 5 min while you're working on figuring out columns UI. I don't know if the directions are the same for all the designs, but this guy provides all the needed directions.

directions for setting up "dynamic"

Pop open his readme file, scroll to the end for the color listings:

---Colors---
Playlist text color: 255,255,255
Playlist background color: 0,0,25
Playlist selection color: 18,24,48
Selected item frame: 47,63,128

Open your foobar preferences.
- Set your colors and fonts on the main default ui page to his specs.
- Paste his text in place of the text you have now for the boxes on the "Title formatting" page.

Save, close, reopen, done.

-Dan

Jul 8, 2005 at 7:15 AM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by dbtayag
Hey necropimp,

How were you able to convert your Nine Inch Nails "WITH TEETH" album to 24bit/96kHz?

I believe he may have ripped the audio from the DVD-A version.

Jul 8, 2005 at 9:21 AM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Helter Skelter
I believe he may have ripped the audio from the DVD-A version.

I thought that DVD-A tracks couldn't be ripped yet? The only audio I could rip from DVD-A are from the music videos.

Jul 8, 2005 at 9:53 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by dbtayag
I thought that DVD-A tracks couldn't be ripped yet? The only audio I could rip from DVD-A are from the music videos.

There have been some recent developments that have changed that.

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=122289

Jul 8, 2005 at 3:30 PM Post #14 of 20
yeah i ripped the stereo tracks from the DVD-A

Jul 8, 2005 at 8:47 PM Post #15 of 20
Mine:
temp.jpg

Not sure what theme it is, but it took me a while to customize it. The gap on the top right is for a visualization that I need to reinstall. I can probably send my foobar directory if anyone is interested in the theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back