foobar convolver setup question
Jun 7, 2004 at 2:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

sporky

Head-Fier
Yes, I have another n00b question for you:

I've heard good things about the " LP 12kHz 36dB" impulse file, so I downloaded it. There seem to be three different files in the zip called "ManleyLP12k" with different file extentions. Which should I use, the .WAV, .HO, or .HDP?

The impulse power is set as "+48.2 dB". Should I adjust the level to achieve 36dB? What about the mix adjust?

thanks

Jun 9, 2004 at 2:53 PM Post #2 of 19
as for me, .wav files worked fine. while i liked LP 12kHz 36dB, i preffered Studer +1dB w NoiseReduction to it for being somewhat airier and cleaner in the upper mids. level adjust is set @ -1.7 dB and auto level adjust on, going higher introduced distortion in lower frequencies. now i cant even imagine listening to my music without the convolver
600smile.gif

Jun 10, 2004 at 9:31 AM Post #9 of 19
sorry about a late reply, i was out the whole nite... strange, i just cant get enough sleep these days it seems
redface.gif

sporky, i am running convolver -> SSRC resampler -> advanced limiter
in that order. when i was using my DSP24 i had eq on as well, but i ditched it after i switched to AV-710. maybe sometime tomorrow i will have my EMU-1212 installed, things may change afterwards
smily_headphones1.gif

zemo, i dont speak a squat of german either, but i happened to know which one to download
biggrin.gif
try this one : oxfiat-eq.zip

Jun 11, 2004 at 2:30 PM Post #11 of 19
Borky, are you referring to impulse files (in .wav)? if thats the case all you need to do is place them in a certain folder and load them up with the convolver... simple as that
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 13, 2004 at 7:01 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borky
No.. how do you install everything? Including the convolver. (sorry newb, I've been using itunes too long)

I thought convolver came with the standard release of foobar. Look under the DSP section of the preferences.

Jun 13, 2004 at 8:20 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by sporky
I thought convolver came with the standard release of foobar. Look under the DSP section of the preferences.

No, only special version came with convolver.

More information can be found HERE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back