Foobar and bit perfect compatibility problems?
Jul 13, 2008 at 10:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

isamu

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. I am running Windows XP on a CarPC(sort of a laptop pc in a mini casing). I have a Creative Audigy 2ZS PCMCIA Notebook card that I run to my amp via SPDIF Optical out. I use Foobar exclusively and recently starting listening to my music with the optional Bit Perfect/Accurate box ticked in the Creative console menu.

Bit Perfect/Accurate is suppose to provide a cleaner signal path, but I have been having problems lately when using it with Foobar. At first it actually caused my entire PC to reboot upon clicking on either of the playback functions as well as jumping to a different position in the playback scroll bar.

Now, it has been causing my entire PC to simply crash outright, even if I don't do anything.

I switched back to non-bit perfect and Foobar seems to be working OK again. Driven to work twice and no lockups.

Can anyone tell me if there has been a history of compatibility problems between F2K and audio cards using bit perfect?

Jul 13, 2008 at 10:57 AM Post #2 of 2
Never had such problems with foobar, but to me, it sounds like it could be Creative causing the problem. Maybe a driver conflict somewhere. I guess Google will be of much help in your case.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back