Folk Fans - Jon & DIana Jo Burleson - Give it a listen, tell me what you think
Oct 4, 2011 at 10:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

MorbidToaster

Headphoneus Supremus
So. Most of my 'musician friends' are really terrible at the whole music thing...but I know that you Folk fans out there are going to love this one. 

These are the only friends with real talent that I have. This is also a professionally recorded album. They haven't made much of an effort to advertise or anything because they don't have the money. So I'm going to do it for them. 

[size=1.7em] New Moon RIsing - Jon & Diana Jo Burleson[/size]

http://www.myspace.com/jonburlesonmusic/music/songs?filter=POPULAR

Only place to listen to the full tracks, and if you really want a physical album I can look into getting you one. This is one of my favorite albums (and not just because they're friends of mine). I used it as test tracks in my D7000 review. 

Anyway, I'll stop rambling. Just give it a listen and if you like it a buy. I'd love to see them do this full time.

Oct 13, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #3 of 8
Apparently only through Amazon right now. I'm trying to get them to put high quality on Bandcamp, and get some CDs that I could send out. I'll get more done if I get more people interested. The music forum doesn't move to fast 'round these parts though. :D

http://www.amazon.com/New-Moon-Rising/dp/B005O4POXK/ref=sr_shvl_album_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1318511817&sr=301-3

Quote:
I like it, so where can you buy it?

Oct 20, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #5 of 8
The CD arrived today, I really am enjoying it. It's better than just a decent mastering and Jon & Diana Jo's vocals are impressive, they sound involved with each song, as if the songs mean something to them. The backup musicians fit nicely. Overall this is a great CD, I'm pleased to have it in my collection.

Oct 21, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #6 of 8
Glad to hear that. I'm still trying to get them to put it up somewhere with a high quality download option, but they're dragging their feet. 

The back up musicians are actually members of their church, and it's recorded there as well. It sounded well recorded to me, but it's nice to hear I wasn't just being biased. 
wink.gif

Quote:
The CD arrived today, I really am enjoying it. It's better than just a decent mastering and Jon & Diana Jo's vocals are impressive, they sound involved with each song, as if the songs mean something to them. The backup musicians fit nicely. Overall this is a great CD, I'm pleased to have it in my collection.

Dec 2, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #7 of 8

I'm just seeing this thread ... took me a while! This is DianaJo ... Thank you so much for your kind words and supporting our music. That really means a lot to both of us. We are still playing although not as much as we like. We recorded a Christmas CD at the end of 2014 and that is our newest work. We actually had it produced by Bill Ward out of Houston. If you're interested, we have a youtube video of one of our songs "Snowing in Colorado" - the dobro was provided by Lloyd Maines. Also the CD you have is on Spotify. I am working on getting the Christmas one on Spotify too but I think it takes a couple of months. Thank you and we hope you have a wonderful holiday!

Dec 2, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #8 of 8

Thank you so much for sharing our music. It really means a lot to both of us. Wish we were playing more ... Definitely in a couple of years. Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back