Focal Utopia General Discussion
Sep 16, 2022 at 1:25 AM Post #18,571 of 20,546
We're going to be all over the place with a separate thread.
It's still the "Utopia" so it should've remained on this thread. It just would've been much easier, especially that everyone is going to be cross posting their impressions/comparisons anyway.
i disagree. by way of another example, a separate thread exists for the th900 mk2, which only differs from the original model by having removable cables and it doesn't appear to have caused confusion. having a separate thread for the new model makes sense to me and it doesn't preclude owners of the original model from posting there and vice versa. however, if you are primarily interested in the new model utopia then there is a thread dedicated to it.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 1:32 AM Post #18,572 of 20,546
Having a separate thread for the new model makes sense to me and it doesn't preclude owners of the original model from posting there and vise versa.
I don't mean to make a big deal out of this, which I may have already done so apologies, but again, I think it would've been much easier keep the '22 Utopia right here.on the Utopia thread.
:beerchug:

Sep 16, 2022 at 1:52 AM Post #18,573 of 20,546
I don't mean to make a big deal out of this, which I may have already done so apologies, but again, I think it would've been much easier keep the '22 Utopia right here.on the Utopia thread.
:beerchug:
on the contrary, delineating between the original utopia and its replacement by having dedicated threads for each should make searching for information about them easier imo. this thread is currently 1239 pages long as it is. and thanks for selectively quoting my previous post. :wink: by way of another example, a new thread was created for the focal clear mg by @jude himself upon its release.

ps well this discussion is now moot as the thread that i started more than five weeks ago has been locked after @jude started the focal utopia 2022 review, measurements thread. make of that what you will.

pps i sent a pm to @jude and he unlocked the thread, which i appreciate him doing as it had been locked by another forum administrator.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2022 at 11:15 PM Post #18,578 of 20,546
And old might match better with tube-amps with it's less warm tuning.
Yes. Like this one.
20220809_082427.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back