Focal Utopia General Discussion
Feb 13, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #10,022 of 20,518
how would you describe the "average utopia buyer"?
Speaking only about myself, I'd say, someone with more money than brains :)

Feb 13, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #10,024 of 20,518
^ how do you know that focal sources the conductor from china and that it is also cheap?
Sorry but if I want to keep on info an knowing three months or more before which will be the next Focal before most people, I can't give any name.

Cheap ? Because it is OFC. Go to AliExpress and have a look at the price. Then ask the seller about the price on quantity.

How can I know that some US Hi-Fi brands are just assembling chinese boards ? Because I looked inside. Quite easy

Feb 13, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #10,026 of 20,518
how would you describe the "average utopia buyer"?
Male, in possession of more disposable income than most and statistically speaking, certainly not a male model.

Feb 13, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #10,028 of 20,518
Male, in possession of more disposable income than most and statistically speaking, certainly not a male model.
well you could characterise anyone (including females and beats owners) in that way who is prepared to pay hundreds of bucks for a headphone

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #10,029 of 20,518
Sorry but if I want to keep on info an knowing three months or more before which will be the next Focal before most people, I can't give any name.

Cheap ? Because it is OFC. Go to AliExpress and have a look at the price. Then ask the seller about the price on quantity.

How can I know that some US Hi-Fi brands are just assembling chinese boards ? Because I looked inside. Quite easy
with respect, you make these claims and when asked to substantiate them, your response is that you can't because the information is "confidential" or privileged for some unknown reason. i suggest that you consider not making them if you are unable to provide or prevented from disclosing any supporting evidence.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #10,030 of 20,518
well you could characterise anyone (including females and beats owners) in that way who is prepared to pay hundreds of bucks for a headphone
Scale thousands versus hundreds. Still circular discussion, I will still guarantee you that the average Utopia owner is not a man who models for a living. I'll take any odds on that contention. Any takers?

Feb 13, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #10,031 of 20,518
Scale thousands versus hundreds. Still circular discussion, I will still guarantee you that the average Utopia owner is not a man who models for a living. I'll take any odds on that contention. Any takers?
yes it is, so let's not derail the thread with it

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #10,033 of 20,518
If you noticed on the Focal videos, you never really see the typical Utopia buyer. They are all female / male models wearing them. I doubt they represent the average person. They even usually matching clothes.
Stellia model / Abyss Phi model :ksc75smile:

dVknjdt.jpg

Feb 14, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #10,035 of 20,518
In a summary, FOCAL + NAIM = Vervent Audio Group Holding (that's why NAIM stopped producing speakers in 2016)
NAIM does first rate equipments (except cables) and consider as much important the power supply.
IMHO, there are brands in the US that do less expensive really great units .

I am using Naim Superlumina cabers, interconnects and speaker cables, although they might be outsourced production....

and I think Naim is expensive in US

Users who are viewing this thread

Back