Focal Utopia General Discussion
Mar 6, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #2,478 of 20,550
No, but if speakers were as easy to switch out as headphones, people might :)

I could see having an alternate set of front mains depending on whether I was listening to music or watching a movie. It would be a challenge dealing with the differing room acoustic requirements and EQ , but again, that's something not required for headphones.
Jesus I just wanna sit down in one listening session and enjoy what I've paid for,busy working my bollocks off to pay for this so I just wanna sit and enjoy,ppl just wanna Fanny about to much.I look at my gorgeous fiancee and everything else goes out the window,definition, bass clarity,nothing else matters,please tell me I love my Mrs more than hi-fi... God help me.she fit but put a pair of grand utopias behind her then my eyes will wander

You have a fiancé and a wife? Nice.

:)

Mar 6, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #2,479 of 20,550
You have a fiancé and a wife? Nice.

:)

......and you thought the French had it made!

Seriously, in the U.K. Mrs. & girlfriend/wife/fiancee can all be the same person.

@paul2qute  when you race to the finish so you can get back to listening, THAT's when you worry!

Mar 6, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #2,480 of 20,550
......and you thought the French had it made!

Seriously, in the U.K. Mrs. & girlfriend/wife/fiancee can all be the same person.

@paul2qute
  when you race to the finish so you can get back to listening, THAT's when you worry!

They can all be different people also :wink:

Not in my case though. I am somewhat attached to my testicles and want to remain so...

Just hope she never sees the invoice to my HEK's for the same reason.

Mar 6, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #2,481 of 20,550
listen to them and be totally disappointed,great bass but accurate? Then it all goes down from there in my totally hearing aid opinion

wow.

blink.gif

Mar 6, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #2,482 of 20,550
I think this is totally weird in my opinion because do ppl lift in and out different speakers when they listen to different music?

I have not heard of people lifting speakers in and out. Speakers are not what I would call easy to position so that would be difficult and in my experience not too much fun, especially when they are several hundred pounds. I have seen lots of speaker fans setup 2, 3, even 4 different pairs of speakers in one room though so they can switch flavors when they want. Very large living rooms though with lots of bass traps. If you are lucky enough to have a significant other that does not mind the look of bass traps then positioning is a little less key.

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:09 AM Post #2,483 of 20,550
Anyone knows where to buy the connectors at the headphone end of Utopia?

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #2,484 of 20,550
Jesus I just wanna sit down in one listening session and enjoy what I've paid for,busy working my bollocks off to pay for this so I just wanna sit and enjoy,ppl just wanna Fanny about to much.I look at my gorgeous fiancee and everything else goes out the window,definition, bass clarity,nothing else matters,please tell me I love my Mrs more than hi-fi... God help me.she fit but put a pair of grand utopias behind her then my eyes will wander

Do what everyone else does and and buy a second setup for work so you can enjoy it at work too while working your butt off to pay off the rig you have at home. I'm using Denon D5K at work. Not as good as Utopia technically but it gets the job done. Also on some occasions I bring them home and on my desktop DAC/Amp setup here they sound much better than they do at work. Good to the point of where I think I don't need Utopia or anything better and "Holy crap are these the Denons on my head? They sound amazing!"... until I put the Utopia back on.

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #2,485 of 20,550
Do what everyone else does and and buy a second setup for work so you can enjoy it at work too while working your butt off to pay off the rig you have at home. I'm using Denon D5K at work. Not as good as Utopia technically but it gets the job done. Also on some occasions I bring them home and on my desktop DAC/Amp setup here they sound much better than they do at work. Good to the point of where I think I don't need Utopia or anything better and "Holy crap are these the Denons on my head? They sound amazing!"... until I put the Utopia back on.

Ha, I wish I was allowed to have a set up at work! That would be bliss. Unfortunately my job involves other people so it's a no go...

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #2,488 of 20,550
Has anyone heard of Razordog Audio?
Please recommend or otherwise..
Thank you!

Yes, I have bought Razor Dog audio before, they have good discounts. I bought a Hifiman HE-400i from them that was used, but it looked brand new. I recommend them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back