Focal Utopia General Discussion
Oct 23, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #5,026 of 20,554

Sure ask Chord where you can take your 2nd hand Dave that you paid $9000 for and get warranty service, no questions asked. Also ask them where the local Chord store is too.

Oct 23, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #5,027 of 20,554
Sure ask Chord where you can take your 2nd hand Dave that you paid $9000 for and get warranty service, no questions asked. Also ask them where the local Chord store is too.

Oh, I see. Well that sounds like a fun exercise for a rainy day. Poor Jason is caught between a rock and a hard place.
What we really need are the French Focal staff to jump on this thread and hurl some really biting insults:

Oct 23, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #5,028 of 20,554
Oh, I see. Well that sounds like a fun exercise for a rainy day. Poor Jason is caught between a rock and a hard place.
What we really need are the French Focal staff to jump on this thread and hurl some really biting insults:

Hahahaha

A long time ago I use to watch a TV show about cops. My favorite phrase was “Just the facts mamm!” I just put the facts out there

I notice there’s a lot of headfiers that don’t like the facts.

PS. There is a Focal representative here on headfi and they have said all the same things I’ve said on the topic. I just try to give a more detailed answer than Marine from Focal does.

Last edited:
The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Oct 23, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #5,029 of 20,554

Yes, where is that lady Rep from Focal?
Hiding somewhere lately?
Anymore BS explanation about crackling sound by design?
Why don't Focal cone up with something new BS design again?

Oct 23, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #5,031 of 20,554
yes and no.

and with regard to the back and forth over focal's warranty, well it's like groundhog day - all over again. :wink:

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #5,033 of 20,554
There’s a sale on grapes right now for .69 cent a pound. Let me hurry before they’re all gone...

Oct 23, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #5,034 of 20,554
I wonder why Schiit Audio doesn't get the same flack for their warranty (original owner only) as well? A Rag and Yggy aren't typical "pocket change". I would prefer that Focal offers support to the headphones like other companies, but this was not a show stopper for me and I'm glad I've had my pair since almost their release (and a 5 year warranty). :)

Oct 23, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #5,035 of 20,554
There’s a sale on grapes right now for .69 cent a pound. Let me hurry before they’re all gone...

I'm not personally sour about it, more frustrated than anything to be honest. I had a deal going with a brand new pair in the box never used but because they were purchased outside of my country and by someone that is not me directly from a retailer (it goes both ways) if I bought them and something went side ways I'm left with an expensive brick as no one would honor the warranty and I would have to try and hunt down the owner later on even though the invoice, receipt and warranty are still in tact and haven't been registered on focals website yet.

It would be great if focal was in here and could comment directly but i guess that's not going to happen.

Anyway yes as a potential customer it is a bit of a let down and I'm just speaking for myself personally here. I might still grab a pair from an actual retailer over here with the promotion that's going on till the end of this month but if I decide to sell in the future knowing what I now know makes it a pita.

I'll do some more research might even throw them an email directly and see what focal says about it.

Anyway no more beating this horse, was just covering all basis before i purchased of another member and now this has changed everything.

Oct 24, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #5,037 of 20,554
I wonder why Schiit Audio doesn't get the same flack for their warranty (original owner only) as well? A Rag and Yggy aren't typical "pocket change". I would prefer that Focal offers support to the headphones like other companies, but this was not a show stopper for me and I'm glad I've had my pair since almost their release (and a 5 year warranty). :)
Probably because the utopia has a higher perceived failure rate than Schiit. Might even be actual. We don’t know. Perception can be a strong influencer.

Oct 24, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #5,039 of 20,554
i have no idea why people are bitching that the warranty is non-transferable if you're not the original buyer. that's industry standard. anything else is an exception or good customer service.

I dunno man, I live in 2017 where most would expect a good warranty and good customer service. If you have all the required proof of initial purchase paper work inc the warranty I don't see a problem. A warranty is a warranty after all.

If companies wanna play these games then good luck to them, most people will just stop using them. Everything has value, people buy and sell second hand all the time. Focals saying that by not honoring a warranty regardless who currently owns their products whilst still under warranty is simply saying their product holds no value except for the original owner, if their intention is for one person to own the product for life then they've succeeded.

Oct 24, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #5,040 of 20,554
I could die in a automobile accident on the way to the post office, maybe even suffer a driver failure while listening to cheesy power metal. I choose not to worry about such matters and just enjoy the music while I can.

To bad if you died on the way to the post office whilst trying to send back a product for warranty repair . :)

Enjoy your music

Users who are viewing this thread

Back