1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Focal Utopia General Discussion

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by Allanmarcus, Jun 14, 2016.
?

Has your utopia needed repair from your dealer or Focal, either under warranty or not?

1. Yes

24.1%
  2. No

61.4%
  3. I prefer not to answer

14.5%
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last
  1. x RELIC x Contributor

TTVJ is doing a tour and it's already full. Elear tour should be announced soon-ish:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/817662/focal-utopia-loaner-program#post_12800877

Headphone Bar in Vancouver has the Utopia and Elear on demo.

2. TSAVJason
    AudioLabs is a VIP Focal Utopia dealer and should have demo units very soon. Northern Audio/Music to my Ears is also a VIP Focal Utopia dealer and had demo units now. In Farmigham Natural Sound is a VIP dealer and should have them as of today or tomorrow for demo. There is no NY or NYC dealer yet in any category. There are demo tours already. You just have to contact The Source AV and get on the list. We've been sending them out for meets and private auditions

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
  3. wmasters731
    I was lucky enough to snag the only pair my retailer had on hand yesterday. They are breaking in for a bit, but out-of-the-box these are clearly the best headphones I have ever heard. Being mindful of the price they should be revolutionary. They are a masterpiece of build quality, comfort, and sound quality. Utopia is appropriate for their name. I am not a wealthy audiophile who buys every high-end product and I will not quote any technical or "tweeky" stuff in my evaluation of these cans (calling them cans seems to be insulting them). I love to be able to sit in a comfortable spot and indulge in a favorite album with a fine pair of headphones. To me this is the best of therapy; it eliminates anxiety and stress, slows my heart rate and breathing, and puts me into a state of bliss. An associate pointed out that a pair of speakers that sound like the Utopias could cost 20K or more- makes them look like a relative bargain. Though they weigh over a pound they are supremely comfortable, even luxurious. The sound they produce is like no headphone I have heard to date; it is simply delightful. If you have been looking at them and are on the fence about buying them I would say "go for it". Please ask any questions you might have and I will do my best to answer you if I am able. I'm heading back to my man cave to put the magnificent Focal Utopia on my head for a bit. 

jonathanvaljean likes this.
  4. FLTWS
    @wmasters7321

What's your associated equipment?

Thanks

5. wmasters731
    Auralic Aries, Benchmark DAC2HGC, Woo Audio WA22. Clean and simple. 

6. Allanmarcus

What other headphones have you heard? Your profile is bare.

7. james6333

How are the headphones straight of the the benchmark? I used that unit as a preamp for my 2 channel rig but no longer own it. I used the HD650 at the time and thought is sounded a little cold for my tates. but I blamed the HD650 as my stereo sound great using the benchmark.

8. Allanmarcus

Interesting. Isn't the HD650 one of the warmest headphones out there?

9. Youth

Not really.

10. james6333

I mean it was just boring and lifeless. Not bright. Just pretty uneventful. I never use the combo much and actually took a very long break from headphones after that setup.

11. murphythecat
    hd650 boring?
    spent a couple of days with hd650.

HungryPanda likes this.
  12. bigfatpaulie
    I didn't think "warm" = boring and lifeless.  News to me. 

13. james6333

Lack of dynamics(and fine details). Nothing to do with tonal balance though being rolled off a little did not help. I know a lot of people love them but I don't love them but I liked them fine.

Anyway I would still like to hear how the utopia sounded out of the benchmark just because I am familiar with how it sounds. It is a great DAC but I was never sold on the amp section. But as a DAC it has great punch in the low bass. I lost some of that punch when I pulled it out of my system (and I miss it a bit)

14. MacedonianHero Contributor
    Well, just got a hold of my new Utopia's yesterday afternoon and after one evening with them, I can already assert that these headphones are the "real deal". How they compare with the other top flight headphones around, we shall see...

But so far they are hands down the best traditional dynamic driver headphone I've come across...they have usurped my HD800S for that. 

15. moshen

I'd be interested in how they compare to the HE1000, but it looks like yours was already sold. Perhaps you can go by memory..

First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Next

Last