Focal Utopia General Discussion
Apr 24, 2024 at 2:12 PM Post #20,551 of 20,554
A friend has kindly allowed me to borrow the new Utopia for a few days and I can certainly say this headphone is the real deal and to the point where I'm sad and happy at Focal for ruining my LCD 4 lol. The HEKSE can hang with the Utopia in terms of technical performance but the Utopia has much better vocals and punchy bass in comparison. Soundstage is slightly more narrow than the LCD 4 but it has very good depth so its a very 3 dimensional presentation which makes up for the slightly narrow width. I am running it on the Cayin HA-3A and there is some background hissing when music isn't playing but it goes away once I start listening so not really a big deal as my other headphones are both planars and don't exhibit any hissing. I may sell my LCD 4 but I think I will save up for a few more months to get the Raal SR-1A as I really enjoyed listening to it at Canjam.

1000031008.jpg
1000031007.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 5:46 PM Post #20,552 of 20,554
A friend has kindly allowed me to borrow the new Utopia for a few days and I can certainly say this headphone is the real deal and to the point where I'm sad and happy at Focal for ruining my LCD 4 lol. The HEKSE can hang with the Utopia in terms of technical performance but the Utopia has much better vocals and punchy bass in comparison. Soundstage is slightly more narrow than the LCD 4 but it has very good depth so its a very 3 dimensional presentation which makes up for the slightly narrow width. I am running it on the Cayin HA-3A and there is some background hissing when music isn't playing but it goes away once I start listening so not really a big deal as my other headphones are both planars and don't exhibit any hissing. I may sell my LCD 4 but I think I will save up for a few more months to get the Raal SR-1A as I really enjoyed listening to it at Canjam.

1000031008.jpg1000031007.jpg
Well I eagerly await my Utopia to arrive in the mail, I implore you to run oratory 1990 parametric EQ presets on the LCD 4! It will absolutely change everything

Apr 24, 2024 at 5:47 PM Post #20,553 of 20,554
Well I eagerly await my Utopia to arrive in the mail, I implore you to run oratory 1990 parametric EQ presets on the LCD 4! It will absolutely change everything
I've tried all EQ's and I always revert back to the stock tuning with a bass bump on the LCD 4. 🙈

Users who are viewing this thread

Back