Focal Utopia Cable Upgrade: Silver Dragron V3 or Lavricables Master Silver ?
Dec 14, 2016 at 10:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

PhiQuanTu

100+ Head-Fier
Dec 29, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #2 of 38
  Anybody has experience with both brands and can provide some insights? The Lavricables Master Silver does look nicer with the braids. Just throw me any opinions you may have, guys.

Silver Dragon Premium Cable V3:
https://www.moon-audio.com/silver-dragon-premium-cable-for-focal-utopia-headphones-v3.html

Lavricables Master Silver:
http://www.lavricables.com/cables/master-silver-focal-utopia-upgrade-cable/

Did u find out an answer to your question? 
I am interested in a silver cable.

Jan 4, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #3 of 38
The Silver Dragon is going back to the Moon today, and I'm taking 10% loss (restocking fee). To me, both cables transmit audio quality to the Utopia at about the same level (clear & detailed, and slightly better than stock cables). But the Lavricable has a way better look and seems more durable in the long run (though a little heavier than the Silver Dragon V3 - note that it's 12 core braided). The Lavricable also cost a lot less (~ half) than the Silver Dragron V3. You can get more technical information of the Lavricables on their website.
I'll get a picture of the Lavricable connected to the Utopia & Chord Hugo when I have time this weekend.

Jan 15, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #7 of 38

Utopia headphone, astell&kern AK320+AK380 amplifier, miter leather and lavricable ultimate cable connect in balance output.

May 28, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #13 of 38
@lavricables Shop is closed? was going to order a cable for Utopia. btw do you ship from EU?
I was wondering about the same thing. At least on their eBay shop, it shows that he's currently away until June 2nd. Hope we'll be able to buy around then.

I am looking for a new cable to replace the stock cable for my Audeze LCD2, and have my eyes set on the Lavricables. I'm a bit of a newbie though, and was wondering if anyone could explain the benefits I may notice from getting the 12 core or 20 core cable, rather than the 8 core cable. 8 -> 12 -> 20 core is around a $100-200 step up each way, hence my curiosity around around the 12/20 core over the 8 core. Thanks all.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #15 of 38
I was at cam jam the other day and remembered using a focal with some thick braided silver cable. I think it costed around $1000. Wished I could've compared it with the regular cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back