Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Jun 11, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #3,496 of 4,478
I say just keep em that's your earned patina 🎧

Jun 11, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #3,497 of 4,478
Are Stellia not moving used much anymore? I can’t for the life of me figure out why I have such a good price on them and nothing.

I get the headband is faded but they sound sonically amazing still and it’s still under warranty until October. Am i missing something??
I feel like Focal's are a tough sell used. You can get them 'open box' for huge cuts at other places, and they randomly go for big sales new. I think your price is fair but the market for them for some reason isn't that great. I had to sell basically a brand new pair for a large cut.

Jun 11, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #3,499 of 4,478
Darn, well I was thinking about searching through the threads before when people treated their headband with leather protection and it all turned a uniform color.

I had a spot on mine, not as bad as yours, and treating it with the "COLOURLOCK Aniline Leather Cleaning and Care Kit" made it almost invisible.

For a while, I wanted to give the Focal Clear a try, but those headbands always look gross on used ones.

Jun 11, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #3,500 of 4,478
Darn, well I was thinking about searching through the threads before when people treated their headband with leather protection and it all turned a uniform color.
FWIW: But even if you did, one have ”developed” their own color....and that’s a sign of have being used.....Very difficult. When I buy, I am so naive, that I don’t think about if I can sell....And for sure it doesn’t always work out the way I wished...However, I still love my tainted Stellia’s

Jun 11, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #3,501 of 4,478
Sorry after this conversation I'm putting a cover on my headband LOL

Jun 12, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #3,502 of 4,478
Sorry after this conversation I'm putting a cover on my headband LOL
I got these covers from eBay. They're comfortable.

Attachments

• 2856B316-AC52-4554-AA89-FEE83BCD8499.jpeg
    2856B316-AC52-4554-AA89-FEE83BCD8499.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Jun 12, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #3,503 of 4,478
I got these covers from eBay. They're comfortable.
I feel the black cover would suite the Clear MGs more and browns on the Stellias. Looks nice regardless tho.

I had my Stellias for almost 8 months now and there's been no change in the colour of the Headband, looks completely new. The only change in leather on mine are the earpads, those have darkened. I am not sure what causes some people's leather to change more than others, I haven't used any leather conditioner or treated with anything special.
IMG_3427.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #3,504 of 4,478
Sweat and oils

Jun 12, 2021 at 10:33 PM Post #3,506 of 4,478
I've got a pretty greasy scalp, and I haven't managed to affect the top of the headband after a some months of use. The cups are definitely darkening, from the bottom up. I'd rather not use a cover if I can help it. Just keep your hands clean when you handle them, that's what I've done and its worked for me. rangerid, would love to hear these out of your setup, must sound fantastic.

Jun 13, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #3,507 of 4,478
I've got a pretty greasy scalp, and I haven't managed to affect the top of the headband after a some months of use. The cups are definitely darkening, from the bottom up. I'd rather not use a cover if I can help it. Just keep your hands clean when you handle them, that's what I've done and its worked for me. rangerid, would love to hear these out of your setup, must sound fantastic.

They do sound fantastic, recently got the May and could not be happier

Jun 15, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #3,508 of 4,478
Question: Has anyone experienced the 3.5mm connection into the ear cup being less than firm?

Why am I asking: All is good with my original cables. These cables have perfect fit and a rubber ridge to create an extra stable connection at the ear cups.

To reduce microphonics and get my desired length I ordered an Arctic Cable. They, of course, cannot use the Focal specific male 3.5mm connectors (they are glued in place). When inserting the Arctic Cable 3.5mm connectors, I notice that the left connection is firm and stable while the right connection wiggles slightly. No problem, until I listen to my headphones. That slight wiggle is audible. It turns into a “clank” as I move my head. So I’ve traded less cable “scraping” microphonics for a plastic “clang”
I’ve reached out to Bloom Audio for their thoughts on a warranty repair without hearing anything back so I thought I’d ask if anyone has experienced this problem.

Jun 15, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #3,509 of 4,478
Question: Has anyone experienced the 3.5mm connection into the ear cup being less than firm?

Why am I asking: All is good with my original cables. These cables have perfect fit and a rubber ridge to create an extra stable connection at the ear cups.

To reduce microphonics and get my desired length I ordered an Arctic Cable. They, of course, cannot use the Focal specific male 3.5mm connectors (they are glued in place). When inserting the Arctic Cable 3.5mm connectors, I notice that the left connection is firm and stable while the right connection wiggles slightly. No problem, until I listen to my headphones. That slight wiggle is audible. It turns into a “clank” as I move my head. So I’ve traded less cable “scraping” microphonics for a plastic “clang”
I’ve reached out to Bloom Audio for their thoughts on a warranty repair without hearing anything back so I thought I’d ask if anyone has experienced this problem.
No issues with my Nordost Blue Heaven. No issues with my corpse cables either. The Nordost has their own connector and the corpse cable uses furutech.

It sounds like an issue with the headphone side as you suspect.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #3,510 of 4,478

Users who are viewing this thread

Back