Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
May 3, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #3,421 of 4,478
been away for a short trip and brought my hugo 2 along with the stellia and I must say it is a marvelous portable solution....really good

May 8, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #3,422 of 4,478
new Cardas Parsec cable
20210508_123923_HDR.jpg

May 9, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #3,425 of 4,478
I 100% agree with your statement but as good as the Pro iDSD sounds with the Stellia alone it sounds even better with the Pro iCAN / Pro iDSD combo balanced.
Thanks but this is really what I didn’t want to hear....😉

May 10, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #3,427 of 4,478
Anyone here came to the Stellias from a Z1R? I love my Z1R but after a couple of years the itch for something new arises as always, and due to lifestyle condition I need closed headphones, so naturally I'm looking at these, with the goal of only keeping one of them.

My general impression from reading comments and comparisons is that these feel a bit more closed in or "intimate" than the Sonys, and the latter's feeling of openness in spite of being closed HPs is one of my favorite things about them. But on the other hand I can only imagine that these are more resolving and fast due to the beryllium dome, which is something I'm looking for as well.

If you have any thoughts on this, please share :)

May 10, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #3,429 of 4,478
Hmm, not sure. It would only be a matter of time before I knocked that plant off!

May 11, 2021 at 1:25 PM Post #3,432 of 4,478
Anyone do a little eq on their Stellias and in what ranges? For the bass, I know the 90-200 hz range is bumped up a bit so I took that range down a little while boosting the 30-60 hz range for a more noticeable sub bass extension. For the mids I bumped 1 & 2k down about 2 dB, while boosting 4k by 2 dB. I tend to like the effect it has on vocals, and wanted a more forward vocal presentation from my Stellia. I found that the 5.5k region I'm sensitive to and some tracks it could be ever so slightly sibilant (female vocals) so I toned that down. Lastly, I boosted the 10, 12, 15, & 20k slightly since the Stellias have some decent sized dips here and I know it has a more relaxed sort of tuning. Any opinions on the changes I made/tweaks you would suggest? My goal for the tweaks were to have a little more subbass extension, bump down the bass range that leaked ever so slightly into the mids, bring the vocals a little more upfront, while giving the headphones a little more treble energy that's still somewhat smooth, but not too smooth.

Last edited:
May 11, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #3,433 of 4,478
Focal needs to get back into the open-back market. All these closed backs lately have been a bit disappointing.
What about the Clear mg? You should definitely take a listen....

May 11, 2021 at 3:01 PM Post #3,435 of 4,478
I've heard countless bad things about the mg. Heard that it doesn't compare to the original clear's at all. I have to hear for myself, but the outlook is not great...
Please, stop listening to the „bad things“ you hear from some others and start listening with your own ears and find out for yourself how they sound to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back