Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Nov 2, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #2,867 of 4,484
the woo 22 can drive the abyss?

With the right power and driver tubes, yes it can. Lots of room on the volume knob to spare. I have a WA33 on the way, so will have a better comparison eventually. But so far it sounds great to me.

Nov 5, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #2,869 of 4,484
Please let us know how they compare. I have a Forza and am thinking of getting an Arctic.

If you want a more balanced and smoother sound, long listening sessions without worrying about fatigue from additional sparkle and brightness across the mids and treble; then the Forza (Noir Hybrid HPC) is for you. Its a fantastic cable.

If you like that extra brightness and energy in your music and a little extra slam in the bass, then the Signum+ is for you. Sounds a little more detailed, but i think its just easier to notice with this cable.

And if you like a little variety, then get both. I honestly enjoy both these cables and I am happy swapping back and forth.

If i could only have one, then it would be the Forza cable as its easier to live with on longer listening sessions.

So this is for the Stellia's...

Now cut over to my HE1000 SE and the final answer swaps around... I would take the Signum+ if i could only have the one. But would be very happy with either. I still use both cables; just like i use different headphones.

In fact i have several Forza cables and the one Arctic Cable. I will likely buy another Arctic cable at some point and also be trying out Matt's new Forza cable when it finally arrives (I am assuming his secret project is actually a cable; but i think its a good bet).

Nov 7, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #2,870 of 4,484
Guys any amp recommendations for the Stellia? Currently using Sony WM1Z as source, amp must support 4.4 balanced since I just got the Signum+ terminated with 4.4. Thanks

Budget is $4k max. Most important things I am looking for is soundstage and bass since I listen to mostly electronic music

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #2,871 of 4,484
Ask AC is they can do you a converter from 4.4mm to say balanced XLR, then you will have a lot more amp choice.

Also, what budget?

Nov 7, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #2,874 of 4,484
Ask AC is they can do you a converter from 4.4mm to say balanced XLR, then you will have a lot more amp choice.

Also, what budget?
$4k max tho I'd prefer not to spend that much, but if an amp is really worth I'd go for it. I'd rather not have them convert it to a XLR tbh since I just got the cable 2 days ago and I will be using it with my WM1Z when I am not at my desk.

If it has to be portable: Romi Audio (Less) BX-2 plus

No It doesn't need to be portable.

Topping A90 is a good start for low budget otherwise sky is the limit.

I'd be willing to spend up to $4k and just go for as good as possible

Also to add I am looking for good soundstage and bass the most

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #2,875 of 4,484
$4k max tho I'd prefer not to spend that much, but if an amp is really worth I'd go for it. I'd rather not have them convert it to a XLR tbh since I just got the cable 2 days ago and I will be using it with my WM1Z when I am not at my desk.

Just amp,what Dac will you be using?

Just for the Amp? What Dac will you be using?

Nov 7, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #2,876 of 4,484
I bought a Focal Arche amp+dac with the Focal discount. It would be well under your 4K budget and pairs well with the Stellia, offering an excellent soundstage. I wouldn't say it is bass-heavy, if that is what you are after.

The Arche only has a XLR and 6.3mm output. However, a XLR to 4.4mm adapter is under $100. I got one from Plussound.

Nov 7, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #2,877 of 4,484
Nov 7, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #2,878 of 4,484

Also to add I am looking for good soundstage and bass the most
Oh, if you have 4k at your disposal, then just get the „best“ :wink:
Niimbus US4+

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/nii...us4-us4-headphone-amps-by-lake-people.876018/

Here the review thread of John Grandberg (who wrote for inner-fidelity when Tyll was still rockin’ the boat)
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/rev...r-includes-large-high-end-amp-roundup.886668/

Nov 7, 2020 at 11:31 AM Post #2,879 of 4,484
I am using my Sony WM1Z as source.
Figured.If you can spend up to $4000 get a dedicated Dac/Amp like Hugo 2/TT2/Arche e.t.c.I've found that Daps don't gel well with desktop Amps.As good as your Stellia sounds balanced from Sony you may not like the added character a desktop Amp will bring.I've found the same with many daps when combined with desktop amps,usually tonality and soundstage esp depth is off.Daps even high end are meant to be used alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back