Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Jun 30, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #2,341 of 4,460
Ok well I'm listening to this album called Ex Machina by Metrik on tidal and I don't usually listen to this genre of music (electronic/electronica..?) but damn the Stellia is absolutely rocking! I haven't had this much fun in a long time! Sounds amazeballs with tubes (tak274b, kenrad vt231, WE421a).

One regret I have, is not getting the Stellia earlier. My Utopia has not been touched in the past few days...!

Jun 30, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #2,342 of 4,460
Honestly, being a new confused audiophile I'm finally getting a sense of what I like.
I thought so too myself, and without any eq out of the box- the demo unit at the store sounded perfect. I do love the bass, and they had plenty. The detail is just phenomenal!
that's why you should try before you buy if you can. i think that the stellia is a terrific closed-back headphone.

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #2,345 of 4,460
One regret I have, is not getting the Stellia earlier. My Utopia has not been touched in the past few days...!

I bought the Utopia and Stellia at the same time this past week. I'm generally using the Stellia all day at work and then come home to the Utopia.

There's been a few times when i've used the Stellia at home of an evening, but I actually love the open airy Utopia with the detail at night. I'm not running it on tubes, but the Audio GD D28.38 with RME ADI is smooth enough i've found. Stellia does such an amazing job during the day at work. Both operating as the ultimate closed solution, but also doing an amazing job when I want to listen to EDM during the day. Nights are more chill listening to acoustic music with the Utopia that's for sure.

Jul 1, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #2,348 of 4,460
I’m not sure the 789 would be a good match for any Focal’s.

Jul 1, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #2,349 of 4,460
Best portable/transportable DAC/AMP all in one for Stellia?

Hugo 2 is great - I’ve been trying this all week, but I’m curious about alternatives.

WA8 for example.

Thanks.

Jul 1, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #2,353 of 4,460
Anything within the 500 dollar price range? I'd mostly be using it at home.

They don't require much power. You'll be fine with any good measuring amps. Check out the Topping A90. Right in your price range. THX789 is more than sufficient too. Take the guy's comment up there with a grain of salt. You ask 10 different people, you'll get 10 different answers. It's meaningless.

Jul 1, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #2,354 of 4,460
They don't require much power. You'll be fine with any good measuring amps. Check out the Topping A90. Right in your price range. THX789 is more than sufficient too. Take the guy's comment up there with a grain of salt. You ask 10 different people, you'll get 10 different answers. It's meaningless.
Appreciate the input! Is the A90 a significant jump from the THX789?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back