Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV
Sep 22, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #1,142 of 4,477
Like Teknorob mentions, and from trying many different cables, one of the myths is that all silver is bright. It is thin non quality silver cables that tend to be bright. The heavier the gauge and the more quality the wire, the more silver actually warms up, sounding almost copper like except more detailed. This is why it's best the get the thickest silver cable you can afford or feel comfortable with such as an 8 wire cable.

My Focal Utopia’s with a high-end silver cable makes it actually less bright over the copper stock cable.

So not sure why people think silver == bright.

Sep 22, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #1,143 of 4,477
My Focal Utopia’s with a high-end silver cable makes it actually less bright over the copper stock cable.

So not sure why people think silver == bright.
Not all Silver cables make the sound brighter , but most do.

Sep 22, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #1,144 of 4,477
Sep 22, 2019 at 4:52 AM Post #1,145 of 4,477
Please can someone read the warranty information in the long brown envelope, and tell the me Stellia Focal warranty.
Please can someone read the warranty information in the long brown envelope, and tell the me Stellia Focal warranty.

Had a look and didn't find warranty or registration paperwork

Sep 22, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #1,146 of 4,477
Sep 22, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #1,147 of 4,477
It’s 2 years in the uk

1999/44/EC directive for the EU states 2 years. Interestingly, UK consumer law is 6 years (5 for Scotland). With all things legal it's not straightforward, the consumer must prove an inherent fault in the design and the concern should be registered within the first 6 months of ownership. The EU law is handy in that the manufacturer is liable by default for 2 years.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/c...purchase/claim-using-a-warranty-or-guarantee/

Sep 22, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #1,148 of 4,477
Had a look and didn't find warranty or registration paperwork

It’s 2 years in the uk

Thank you folks. When I search for the Stellia warranty, it keeps returning links from reviews. They all say the warranty information is in a faux or real leather wallet in the packaging.

I was worried because I was going to buy some from a store that doesn't normally stock Stellia. Meanwhile some manufacturers can be choosy who which retailers can sell their top-end gear. They prefer to have their top end gear only go from more exclusive stores. Any store even that the Stellia is not sold from was worrying me. Like Audio-T sell all the Focal headphones except the Stellia.

My worry relates to a story someone posted in the another threads. They said when it came to warranty, the manufacturer said that store was not authorised to sell that model item. Even though they were an authorised retailer, and sold lower end items from the manufacturer's range.

I have heard Focal headphones are a bit renowned for needing to go for repairs too. Meaning I need to get the warranty right. Have made up my mind on the Stellia after a lot of debating. (Utopia and warmer cable/ Meze Empyrean / Focal Clear / Sennheiser HD800S.)

Sep 22, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #1,149 of 4,477
I bought mine from Audio T at the Bristol Hifi Show, as they were title retail sponsor. If you're worried speak to SCV Distribution, as all UK stock will be coming from them anyway. I know Focal quite well and any UK dealer can sell any model. Its good to dot the 'i's but i really dont think you've got anything to worry about if you are buying for retailer in the UK. For the record, ive had 4 pairs of Focal HPs, a pair of studio speakers for work and a pair of home speakers and havent had a single fault with any of them.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #1,150 of 4,477
I bought mine from Audio T at the Bristol Hifi Show, as they were title retail sponsor. If you're worried speak to SCV Distribution, as all UK stock will be coming from them anyway. I know Focal quite well and any UK dealer can sell any model. Its good to dot the 'i's but i really dont think you've got anything to worry about if you are buying for retailer in the UK. For the record, ive had 4 pairs of Focal HPs, a pair of studio speakers for work and a pair of home speakers and havent had a single fault with any of them.

Thanks a million. The only other aspect I was thinking about was that the Utopia are supposed to have a five year warranty. After googling I got the impression that the Stellia had three years warranty. I was then told in the Utopia thread that the Stellia probably had five years. All finely confusing.

I suppose if reliability is good then I need worry less. However no point me paying for extended warranty if the headphone had five years warranty anyway.

Anyway I feel I have cleared my last hurdle. … Just the waiting now, as I am buying from a store that doesn't stock Stellia.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #1,151 of 4,477
I love the Stellia's and am considering bank heists as a valid option ......

I guess I would lease them for $100 a month for the rest of my life

The most amazing Audio experience I've had since hearing the Legacy Whisper Speakers in the mid 90s mated to Krell Monoblocks .

Sep 23, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #1,153 of 4,477
Sep 26, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #1,154 of 4,477
Hi all, any tips on how to look after the leather in the Stellia, in particular the leather in the cups, behind the metal cutout? It is starting to blacken, is there anything that can be done about it?
Apologies if this was discussed earlier in the thread, did a few Google searches and nothing came up.

Sep 26, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #1,155 of 4,477
Hi all, any tips on how to look after the leather in the Stellia, in particular the leather in the cups, behind the metal cutout? It is starting to blacken, is there anything that can be done about it?
Apologies if this was discussed earlier in the thread, did a few Google searches and nothing came up.

Just a few posts up I had commented that the headband darkens the more you handle it . Earlier in the thread this was also mentioned. The leather is basically not coated to prevent grease from hands and fingers changing the colour. I assume the same is true of the leather behind the back of the cups.

There really isn't much you can do. But how are you managing to touch the leather there? Earlier in the thread there was a suggestion from the UK distributor to use baby wipes. This is NOT a good idea as they tend to contain alcohol which will dry out the leather. And it contains oil which will darken the leather.

You can try little water on an ear tip I guess but do not scrub. But I reckon it's just a fact of life with these headphones .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back