1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Feb 12, 2019.
First

Back
59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
Next

Last
  1. Marutks
    Do you think Stellias would sound good with Burson Conductor (v1) amp? Conductor's output impedance is 30 Ohm ( according to https://www.audiobot9000.com/ ) which seems a bit too high.
    I listened Stellias at CanJam and I liked them. I am not sure how compatible they are with Burson Conductor.

2. up late
    i suspect that output impedance figure of 30 ohms is a mistake. the conductor v2+'s headphone output impedance is 3 ohms. the new conductor 3 ref's headphone output impedance is lower at 0.5 ohms. the stellia sounded great with the cv2+ to my ears.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  3. Hoegaardener70
    So, is any owner here thinking of replacing (or complementing) the Stellia with a ZMF Verite closed?

4. mamsterla
    Not looking at more close backs since I feel the Stellias are end game, but thinking of what complementary open backs to get. Thinking of Utopia if I could afford it or Hifiman Arya as a similar end game headphone for when I want an open back.

5. adcustom
    The Utopia is a no brainer choice as an open back compliment!

6. Hoegaardener70
    I love my utopia, but you’d need to be a serious fanatic of the focal sound signature to complement the stellia with them. My utopias are definitely the go-to for classical music (and so would be the stellia), but I do love variation ... I’d recommend the Empy, couldn’t be more different :)

7. arielext
    I settled on these 3 as my holy trinity:
    open back: SR-007mk2 combined with a KGSSHV amp
    semi-open: TH-X00 with custom (deeper) cups
    closed: Stellia ofc

No need for compliments for me it depends on outside noise and mood.

Misson07 likes this.
  8. musicman59
    I would take a look at the Rosson RAD-0.
    I listened to them, the Emphy and the Stellia all 3 out of the new Bricasti M3h DAC/Streamer/Headphones Amp. I was originally thinking of buying the Stellia but after listening to all 3 I placed an order for the RAD-0.

boxster233 and MacedonianHero like this.
  9. will f
    jmpsmash and bidn like this.
  10. GreenBow
    Please, would you call the Stellia neutral, or just on the warm side?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  11. teknorob23
    just on the warm side of neutral, but only just.

GreenBow likes this.
  12. greygrey
    hi everyone
    i just buy the stellia. looking after a nice dac /amp.
    anyone paired their stellia with a woo audio 8 eclipse.
    or alo cdm ?
    how is the synergy with portable tube amp?

13. adcustom
    I’d recommend the Hugo 2 if you’re looking for something portable and the Arche for desktop-only usage.

14. mamsterla
    The Stellias are pretty easy to drive, so you don't really need a heroic setup. You should look at the sound profile that you really like. As mentioned there seems to be some real synergy with the Chord gear. I was happy with my Chord Mojo, but I am getting a lot more drive and resolution out of my SMSL VMV D1 and AAA THX 789 right now. Both sound profiles are really quite enjoyable through the Stellias.

jmpsmash likes this.
  15. jmpsmash
    What are everyone's experience with after market cable upgrades? The factory cable isn't very ergonomically sound.

First

Back
59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
Next

Last