1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Feb 12, 2019.
First

Back
45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
Next

Last
  1. montanari
    the perfect headphone: mids of the utopia, treble of the 009, headstage of the he1000, comfort and construction quality of the hd800, bass of the fostex th900, midbass of the lcd3, very easy to drive
    still doens t exist.. I use to add a bit of bass to the utopia too, raise a bit of the mids the th900, the treble in the audeze..I don t see anything wrong..just enjoy the music as I like

mamsterla likes this.
  2. joesuburb
    I'm sure I'm biased, but I couldn't improve the sound signature of the Stellia. It's just perfect for me.

Sonic Defender likes this.
  3. montanari
    to each his own
    the important is to enjoy the music, how I don t care

mamsterla and Sonic Defender like this.
  4. mixman
    I agree. I feel if you are buying a headphone that you know you HAVE to eq, then I think you are buying the wrong headphone. I don’t think there is anything wrong with a little eq here and there but if you feel you need eq to listen to that headphone either don’t buy it or just sell it and get another one.

akãjerovia and teknorob23 like this.
  5. dleblanc343
    Have you tried HE1000se or Susvara. They do everything and more than you listed beside the build quality lol.

Stellia remains top closed back, and Focal even edges out the HD800 in build quality/ materials in my opinion (not cabling)

6. montanari
    Hi, i owned he1000 1 and then v2 and then se..
    I listened to susvara in different times with different amps
    I only miss abyss and final audio..and zmf..
    I Like focal buil quality very much but the hd800 give me the feeling i can throw them everywhere and still work fine!
    I prefer the mids of the lcd3 without arrive to utopia or stax more than he1000. And they don t come even close to the bass of the th900.
    But I Liked he1000 very much, except for the headache and stress out i had after many broken pairs..

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  7. arnaud Contributor
    I’d be a shame if you decide on the stellia without trying the verite. Ime, they only got the price in same ballpark, for the rest it’s no comparison. I am using mine with solid state amp and it’s working out well.

Caruryn likes this.
  8. dleblanc343
    Different strokes for different folks as they say. Especially in this hobby!

I liked the D8000, but sounded a bit too bassy (addictive though but not the cleanest) and closed in. Abyss is amazing... but that comfort is inexistant aha

9. Art Garfunkel
    I do wish that headphones didn't cost four times what they should reasonably sell for. That goes for pretty much all audio in general.

noplsestar likes this.
  10. joesuburb
    I've been listening to my Stellias exclusively for a couple weeks and I've gotten used to them. I just tried my Sony WH-1000XM3s and God do they sound terrible. Wish these Stellas were a little smaller so I could travel with them. Any recommendations on a closed back for travel that sounds close to the Stellia?

11. Imusicman

12. joesuburb
    I dont think the Elegia is much smaller or folds.

13. Audio Aficionado
    @lmusicman you might wanna edit your post to make it easier to understand. lol.

14. joesuburb
    God I know. I so didn't want to spend 3K for silly headphones, but its been 3 weeks now and these things still sound special every time I put them on.

TooFrank likes this.
  15. noplsestar
    Nice foldable planar headphones are the Oppo PM3. But you can get them only used.

First

Back
45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
Next

Last