1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Focal Stellia Review, Measurements, Interview - Head-Fi TV

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by jude, Feb 12, 2019.
First

Back
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Next

Last
  1. up late
    i suspect that @technorob23 is right about your wait time

teknorob23 likes this.
  2. emrelights1973
    the box is part of the value feeling and it will cost 50$ that's it..... max max...

3. pietcux
    If it was made in China, yes. But in this case it takes three French Musketiers to hancraft it....
    Just kidding, I could only consider a black one if any. My Sony Z1r completely fits my bill.

wje likes this.
  4. tekkster
    Damn, the Stellia is beautifully fast without that in your face of the Utopia (which I also love).

The laughable image that keeps coming to mind as I listen to a bunch of jazz tracks is of a master chef cutting notes using an ultra sharp knife. Hahaha. How silly is that?

5. leftside
    "Beautiful" is the word that springs to mind when I listed to them as well. That's when I can get them back from my wife....

6. teknorob23
    I would love to hear what peoples favoured set up's are with the Stellia, because i have found the signature unsurprisingly scales depending on the source and amplification. For example i've just switched out the stock tubes in my feliks audio euforia to EL38 Powers/ EL11 Drivers, still running from my Hugo2 and both the depth and width has increased dramatically. The bass has added clarity and seperation and the stellia's seem to be letting all of this extra performance through in spades. Whereas by comparison the improvements are far less obvious when i switch to my only Beyer T1.2 which are my only other full size HPs at the moment. Overall i'm much preferring the Stellias via tubes to straight out of the Hugo, the bass is better in every way, none of the detail is lost and it really adds even more liquidity to the H2's mid/treble.

as i say i would be really interested to hear what's pairing best for everyone else :)

Feliks Euforia EL38 & EL11 copy.jpg

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    JohnnyCakes and tekkster like this.
  7. JohnnyCakes
    that's funny.... i guess there's no right or wrong when it comes to aesthetics as it's purely subjective. but i just can't image anyone seeing/holding these in person and thinking they're ugly. they are so gorgeous to me. and the quality of the leather seems better than that on the Utopia. in fact it's one of the buttery-softest leathers i have ever felt.

tekkster and wje like this.
  8. emrelights1973
    First time I saw the Z1 Walkman I said that if the price was other way around with A1, I would just buy the black 1Z just avoid the golden color

But eventually I did bought one, now I am all golden with rings, golden chains, golden watches etc.... it changed me to a 45yo white 50c look alike:)

Jokes aside stellia looks different but nice, better if you have a dark camel cashmere coat and brown hair...

Common you can not have all black you need something for brownish days

9. szymonsays
    To those who own the Stellia, has anyone encountered the mechanical clipping when playing music at louder volumes or music with an emphasis on very low frequencies? I'm just curious as it was the reason why i ditched the Utopia.

10. up late
    i lurv the understated monolithic appearance of the z1r. i also like the flamboyance of the stellia. both
    are uniquely beautiful headphones to me.

guitardave likes this.
  11. guitardave
    No, not at all with utopia or Stellias

12. arielext
    My Elegia is going back tomorrow, struck a good deal with my hifi store and a Stellia is incoming next week!

13. emrelights1973
    I think nobody is paying mrrp and keeping it as a big secret:)

arielext likes this.
  14. teknorob23
    if you have a good relationship with your local shop, then I’d hope not :wink:

emrelights1973 likes this.
  15. emrelights1973
    They are arriving tomorrow.....
    not bad i would say.....after years of Naim and Focal speaker headphones should be free....still they charged me something

First

Back
21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Next

Last