Focal Sprit One headphones unboxing video
May 11, 2012 at 9:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

HiFiGuy528

Member of the Trade: Woo Audio
I just received a review sample from Focal.  They look awesome and I hope it sounds as good as they look.  Stay tuned for my impressions and video review.

May 11, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #4 of 15
I'm burning it in today and over night before I give it a good listen. I really like the great build quality and good looks.

I wish B&W would return my emails about getting the P5. It would be a fun comparison.

May 13, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #8 of 15
I changed the handle to match my channel so viewers can find me here, hopefully. :)

My review copy is defective so I contacted support for a replacement pair.  The Right channel is a bit louder than the Left.  ** update below **

Focal contacted me in less than 12 hours. WOW!  That's crazy fast service.  They suggest that I run the headphones in for 50 hours and test it again.  Since I only ran it for 24 hours, I will give it more burn-in time.

May 14, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:
I changed the handle to match my channel so viewers can find me here, hopefully. :)

My review copy is defective so I contacted support for a replacement pair.  The Right channel is a bit louder than the Left.

hey i just realize the guy i subscribed to on youtube was you lol, im jonathanyng on youtube, if i ever post on your videos on youtube, then you know its me. 
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

hey i just realize the guy i subscribed to on youtube was you lol, im jonathanyng on youtube, if i ever post on your videos on youtube, then you know its me. 
biggrin.gif

Thanks for subscribing.  Glad to see you here as well.

May 14, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:
I just received a review sample from Focal.  They look awesome and I hope it sounds as good as they look.  Stay tuned for my impressions and video review.

Heya,

Big fan of your channel. I'm just wondering, how do you determine which headphones to buy / ask for review samples? By popular demand on YT comments, by seeing what's hot on the forums o'er here, or do you typically try to complete sets in the same favorite brands before venturing into other ones?

I'd really be interested if you could do an unboxing + a review on one or more of the Hifiman full-sized headphones (HE-6, HE-500, and especially the new HE-400). You have a massive collection of cans already and some review conclusions that draw some comparisons could be very valuable here on the forums, where most opinions are more subjective than objective.

May 14, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Heya,

Big fan of your channel. I'm just wondering, how do you determine which headphones to buy / ask for review samples? By popular demand on YT comments, by seeing what's hot on the forums o'er here, or do you typically try to complete sets in the same favorite brands before venturing into other ones?

I'd really be interested if you could do an unboxing + a review on one or more of the Hifiman full-sized headphones (HE-6, HE-500, and especially the new HE-400). You have a massive collection of cans already and some review conclusions that draw some comparisons could be very valuable here on the forums, where most opinions are more subjective than objective.

Hi Jerg,

Thank you for your support on my channel. I try to get gear that viewers request or ones with high interest on this forum and others.  I reached out to a lot of manufactures.  Most of them have not responded, yet.  I am very very small time in the world of headphones reporting.  95% of the gear you see on my channel I bought with my own money.  When a manufacture provided me the product, I will state so in the video. Focal & Grado have been very kind to be the first to send me products.  I am very grateful to have their support.  

May 14, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Hi Jerg,

Thank you for your support on my channel. I try to get gear that viewers request or ones with high interest on this forum and others.  I reached out to a lot of manufactures.  Most of them have not responded, yet.  I am very very small time in the world of headphones reporting.  95% of the gear you see on my channel I bought with my own money.  When a manufacture provided me the product, I will state so in the video. Focal & Grado have been very kind to be the first to send me products.  I am very grateful to have their support.  

good luck on trying to get samples, i know buying gears with your own money are very detrimental to your wallet lol (my wallet is now empty from buying the sony mdr z1000 which completed my portable setup)

May 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

good luck on trying to get samples, i know buying gears with your own money are very detrimental to your wallet lol (my wallet is now empty from buying the sony mdr z1000 which completed my portable setup)

The Z1000 is a GREAT choice.

May 15, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

The Z1000 is a GREAT choice.

thanks for approving my choice of spending 
biggrin.gif
, i havent done a whole lot of listening since im in the house so i can use my beyer dt990 and the z1000 is just burning in (i dont even know if burning in exists but ill do it anyway, it shouldnt hurt) from playing music from my other laptop when i dont use it. but what i do notice is how amazingly detailed it is, i notice details i didnt know were there when i was using my dt990 (for home) and ety hf 5 (for portable). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back