Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread
Jul 13, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #661 of 1,765
Guys I know that they are very different cans but can anybody compare them with the HD 25 ALU??
I always liked the 25 (with its very unique character, definately). I think that this might be their best incarnation, but I have never owned them... I was almost ready to pull the triger but I read about the sound quality of the Spirit pros and I like what I am reading here.... and if I am right I think that they have some common qualities in their sound!!

Any direct comparisons? I read at the begining of the thread about how they compare to Amperiors but if possible I would like some comments about the 25Alu vs FSP!

I like that the 25s have prooven indestructable because I want to use them on the go too.... 

I have Ifi iDSD nano DAC, iCan Nano and JSD Labs O2 amp.

Jul 13, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #662 of 1,765
Jul 14, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #664 of 1,765

This review had me interested, sounds like these Focal Spirit One S is really to my liking. My only concern from that review is the highs, it sounds like it may still be slightly bit veiled even if it's less veiled than the original Focal Spirit One. The classic he compared to have pretty neutral tonality so. A FS Classic/Pro with the new pads, the bass response and soundstaging of the Focal Spirit S while keeping the mids/highs balance of FS Pro/Classic thereabouts would be what I'm looking for. :p

Well okay, the 2013 Focal Spirit One looked quite okay, not very veiled at all and 300Hz square wave also looks good (remember that in Tyll's measurement you kinda have to add a downwards tilting line above 1kHz to get a neutral level better presented) http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/FocalSpiritOne2013B.pdf so will definitely keep an eye on the Focal Sprit One S.

Jul 22, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #665 of 1,765
Just got my pair this morning and like many others i am blown away by how fantastically neutral these sound! I was a little reserved in buying them due to the many complaints about comfort but out of the box they're not too bad. I have a huge head and have to have the cups extended all the way down and they 'just' fit. I also have fairly large ears and the fit is a little tight but nothing unbearable. Clamping force isn't too bad, nowhere near as bad the original Beyerdynamic DT1350s i used to have. Build quality seems ok, the hinges aren't too creaky when moved and are fine when on the head. I thought the cups were plastic to begin with but its just the protective covering they've put on them.
I have no complaints about the sound at all, from top to bottom it sounds very balanced, smooth, clear and non fatiguing.
I'm also very happy with the shorter remote cable, i hate coiled cables so its good that this one is light and long enough to be used at my desk and the plug also fits nicely into the protective case on my Galaxy S5.
If i can get these earpads to stretch and fit better these will definitely be a keeper!

Jul 23, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #668 of 1,765
Ic, maybe he can ring up B&H for a special order. I've done this before for eneloop cells with good results. Thanks for the clarification.

Jul 23, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #669 of 1,765
checked the spirit one s with a dx90, calyx m - they sound pretty dull and bass heavy, cannot compare them sound quality wise with its big brothers. Probably they are more interesting for people liking the "beats" sound.

Only  the memory foam of the one s is more soften and somehow i got the feeling, that  they fit easier on the head.

From the outer physics they are structurally identical to the Pro and the Classic, just in anthracite / silver design. All three models are made of plastic, only the bow of the Classic is covered with artificial leather.
I' will return the one s and still using the Sennheiser Momentum in my urban environment ...

Aug 4, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #673 of 1,765
  Nice price for us Europeans on Amazon Italy: 182.52€

http://www.amazon.it/Focal-Spirit-Professional-Cuffie-tradizionali/dp/B00EXO8Y3Y/

I've just ordered a warehouse deal there which was even cheaper.

Not much of a saving but you can get them slightly cheaper if you buy from Amazon Spain (177.05€):
http://www.amazon.es/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?__mk_es_ES=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=focal+spirit+pro

Did Amazon Italy allow you to use your home address for the Warehouse Deal or are you getting them sent to a family member/friend in Italy? I was all set to order a 'like new' pair (117.80€ if anyone else is interested) from Amazon Spain but it seems they won't ship Warehouse Deals to Scotland 
mad.gif

Aug 4, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #674 of 1,765

Not much of a saving but you can get them slightly cheaper if you buy from Amazon Spain (177.05€):
http://www.amazon.es/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?__mk_es_ES=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=focal+spirit+pro

Did Amazon Italy allow you to use your home address for the Warehouse Deal or are you getting them sent to a family member/friend in Italy? I was all set to order a 'like new' pair (117.80€ if anyone else is interested) from Amazon Spain but it seems they won't ship Warehouse Deals to Scotland 
mad.gif

There was no issue in selecting my address in scotland for shipping.. Also, the shipping fee was fairly low. Let's see how and when they arrive.:)
B.t.w. I paid 152€ for the warehouse deal:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back