Focal Spirit One S
Sep 3, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #19 of 43
Is the treble analytical? Is it fatiguing or bright?

I used to be a bass head before buying these headphones. After listening to these I should say I am a treble guy too. There are no peaks in the treble scale and they present smoothly. I have been playing these headphones with LG g2 and Viper4Android driver settings. I never heard my music so engaging on any other headphones I have owned (BOSE QC 15, Sony xba4 IP, sennheiser momentum, amperior). I stopped listening to mp3's and am collecting lossless audio after buying these headphones. They are so clear, that one of my friend after listening to them for 30 minutes said I am going to order one right away. 

Just a small note... don't come to conclusion on these headphones listening to them on the first time. They need atleast 60 hours of burn in to properly settle down (in terms of music and comfort as well).

Sep 6, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #20 of 43
I used to be a bass head before buying these headphones. After listening to these I should say I am a treble guy too. There are no peaks in the treble scale and they present smoothly. I have been playing these headphones with LG g2 and Viper4Android driver settings. I never heard my music so engaging on any other headphones I have owned (BOSE QC 15, Sony xba4 IP, sennheiser momentum, amperior). I stopped listening to mp3's and am collecting lossless audio after buying these headphones. They are so clear, that one of my friend after listening to them for 30 minutes said I am going to order one right away. 

Just a small note... don't come to conclusion on these headphones listening to them on the first time. They need atleast 60 hours of burn in to properly settle down (in terms of music and comfort as well).

Where did you bought them? Iam going crazy about finding a decent all around over ear headphone.... All the focals before this have small pads, i had and lover the sound of the momentums but the pads were too small resulting in bad fit and seal, mdr 1r the sound is not very good, they are mostly plastic and my ears touched the drivers a tiny bit.... This focals seem like a perfect match to my 6.5 cm ears (height)....

They are on the focals site for a long time but amazon never got them.... At least in europe...

Sep 6, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #21 of 43
interested in how the new focal spirit one S sounds and feels

just got a pair of the old spirit ones, very good looking indeed without any gaudiness or being overly attention grabbing

Sep 16, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #23 of 43
Where did you bought them? Iam going crazy about finding a decent all around over ear headphone.... All the focals before this have small pads, i had and lover the sound of the momentums but the pads were too small resulting in bad fit and seal, mdr 1r the sound is not very good, they are mostly plastic and my ears touched the drivers a tiny bit.... This focals seem like a perfect match to my 6.5 cm ears (height)....

They are on the focals site for a long time but amazon never got them.... At least in europe...

Www.projektakustik.de

Www.amazon.de

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #24 of 43

interested in how the new focal spirit one S sounds and feels

just got a pair of the old spirit ones, very good looking indeed without any gaudiness or being overly attention grabbing

From the looks of it the cavity for the ear is still tiny.

the new ones? or the old? i heard the new ones are bigger (how much bigger is the question!)

Oct 27, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #25 of 43
Anyone directly compare the spirit one s to the spirit professionals and can give any comparisons? I'm about to purchase the pros but am having second thoughts. I assume the pros are much more transparent? I will be using them with fiio x5.

Nov 7, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #26 of 43

Could you measure the inside of the cups in mm please.

Hello Guys,

Tested my device for 3 days and I should say I love it (with few gripes).

Dimensions for the ear cups are

9.5cmx7.5cm (outer)

5.5cmx4.5cm (Inner)

The inside has more space after you put your ear in? How is the sound for gaming? What do you think about them and nad hp50?

Have a lovely day! =D

Nov 9, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #27 of 43
Can anyone who owns a pair of the One S comment on their comfortability? I've had my pair for about a week now and while they sound and look amazing, they aren't very comfortable for extended usage, both because of the high pressure and the relatively small ear cups. Maybe I just need to break them in more, but as of right now I am sort of disappointed with their comfort level.

Nov 23, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #28 of 43
I have been looking for some good head phones for a while. I orignally had the bose oe2 on ears. I went around lookin for a new pair by going to audio stores and comparing. Out of all the headphones ive tried the Focals are some of the best. I owned the Spirit One and currently own the Spirit One S. However they both clamp hard and have small ear cups. Almost supra. The one s is slightly larger. The one s also has a good amount of bass. Not like beats but still noticable. Very tight with great extension, overall excellent bass quality. However unlike others I have noticed a slight interference with the mids, its a mild distortion compared to other headphones though. On the same note the mids and highs are not bright or fatigueing like the Spirit One. However I do miss listening to my higher sounding music on the One sometimes, like Ulrich Schnauss, it was some of the best ive heard, very clear warm and bright. But since I have the One S version now I will be content with its slightly bigger cups and warmer bass untill I get a portable dac/amp. One more note.. they might not play loud enough on android phones if you need loud and portable music. All in all these are both some very clear headphones that are great value. If you have questions about them feel free to ask.

Mar 29, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #29 of 43
I have them, two thumbs up for sound, 1 thumb up for comfort... are the pads not removable... who thought this was a good idea -_-

they dont suck but the pads def need to be softer if its going to only cover 3/4 of your ear and sit on 1/4.... clamping force is pretty uncomfortable i wish you could change the god damn pads... I would use some velour ones

Mar 30, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #30 of 43
I have them, two thumbs up for sound, 1 thumb up for comfort... are the pads not removable... who thought this was a good idea -_-

they dont suck but the pads def need to be softer if its going to only cover 3/4 of your ear and sit on 1/4.... clamping force is pretty uncomfortable i wish you could change the god damn pads... I would use some velour ones

even the new S ones don't fit you?

as in it still sits on your ears? sighh not fully circumaural?? who is focal testing their headphones on??! i'm pretty sure the average ear dimensions are not that small

Users who are viewing this thread

Back