Focal Spirit Classic First Look - Head-Fi TV
Sep 10, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #166 of 204
Big head-to-head review and comparison between Spirit Classic and Sennheiser HD380Pro coming up soon.

Sep 10, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #167 of 204
  Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but how would these be compared/contrasted with the Senn HD650? Thanks.

They're quite similar to HD650 in their character, both quite warm headphones, almost veiled sounding with some recordings, but HD650 has better resolution and better high frequency range, it's more sparkly up top so to speak. That also makes it sound more open.

Sep 11, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #169 of 204
  Thanks for the reply. I've since been able to compare them, and I would agree-- exactly right. But both are quite fine...I like the fairly neutral character of the Focal-- pretty even-tempered, yet still very musical.

Sometimes I feel like the Classic is ever so slightly too warm, there's a dip between 4 and 8 kHz peaking at around 6kHz where I feel some 3-4 db lift would help the headphone sound more open and lively. But I guess that's what the Professional version is for.

Sep 18, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #170 of 204
Has anyone heard these paired with an iBasso DX90?

Sep 20, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #172 of 204
If you need an adapter so you can upgrade your cable -I just bought this

http://www.amazon.com/Vandesail-Female-Headphone-Adaptor-Converter/dp/B00HYQZ3NC/ref=cm_sw_em_r_dp_p.Fhub1ERH81Y_tt

Enjoy

Oct 16, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #173 of 204
I agree it's a warm sounding set. But I love it.it has a fantastic seal, beautifully textured bass and mids. The highs are there but subtle. My biggest criticism is that it is a bit congested. But that's probably just compared to the q701 that use as well. It's easy to drive and really scales well. Not great with an iPhone or laptop though, but acceptable. The FSC has more slam to it than the 650 to me but lacks the resolution. It also lacks the sizzle on the highs from some tracks.

Oct 17, 2014 at 10:15 AM Post #174 of 204
I have FSC for almost 3 month, my complain only the size of cup too small for my ears.So , the size look like between over ear and on ear.
I believe the design is over ear, so the pad should cover the ear not push the ear.I feel not comfortable after listening more than 1 hour, ear feel warm.

HD600 or DT770 have better pads design and material.

~ronni~

Oct 17, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #175 of 204
  I have FSC for almost 3 month, my complain only the size of cup too small for my ears.So , the size look like between over ear and on ear.
I believe the design is over ear, so the pad should cover the ear not push the ear.I feel not comfortable after listening more than 1 hour, ear feel warm.

HD600 or DT770 have better pads design and material.

~ronni~

Yes, it is a pity about the ear cup size, but I put mine some nights on the sofa arm (to stretch) and now I can use them for hours. 

Nov 13, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #176 of 204
I found the pressure on the top of my head is pretty strong, no sure if no enough padding underneath the headband or I just have a pointed head. Although I never had this comfort issue apart from Beats Pro. 

Any idea how to fix that? Focal told me that I can't open up the leather on the headband and insert more padding because it will void the warranty. What can I do?

Nov 13, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #177 of 204
A nice person in this thread had put the phones over the arm of a chair for a while. I have a similar issue. Playong around with them I managed to feel more comfortable wearing them - a consideration for the next pair

Nov 13, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #179 of 204
I have a smallish head so the cup size is about custom. The head band issue I resolve by shifting the position a bit. They are comfortable to me. I've had mine since may and they are just getting broken in sound and comfort wise.sound wise a much more effortless sounding reproduction. Comfort wise less pressure in everyway. I'm loving them enough to suspend the search for my next HP

Dec 15, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #180 of 204
I'd love to give a set of Focal cans a shot since I'm very happy with how their speakers sound in my Nissan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back