Focal Spirit Classic First Look - Head-Fi TV
Apr 12, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #137 of 204
Headphone is new direction for focal and they just try to find their own way
No wonder there are some issues

I am pretty sure if they achieve some integrity on the market , we could expect extended support like cables and earpads

My advice: if you love that headphones just buy them only because they are so great and help developing that market share

Apr 14, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #138 of 204
Spare cables isn't such a huge issue I guess as there are some (narrow) 3rd party cables that will fit the Classics and do a decent enough job e.g. Fisual s-flex mini.

Spare earpads would be good though. Whilst I'm not convinced it'll happen Tyll at Innerfidelity at least raised a glimmer of hope when he reviewed the Classics & Pros back in Feb:

"Ear-pads are attached with an adhesive tape ring, and I've been told that replacement ear-pads will be available in the not too distant future"

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/two-strike-zone-focal-spirit-professional-and-spirit-classic

Apr 25, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #139 of 204
Sorry. Misspost

Apr 26, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #140 of 204
Hello,

i have got Focal Spirit Classic. i use it during about 2 months and got it accidentally broken : i'm still sad.
Nos i have Denon ADH 600, which is good, but i'm looking for the Exact type of Focal Spirit Classic BASS.
I'm looking for a headphone (nomade) which has the exact sound of BASS like Focal Spirit Classic.
the Bass of Focal Spirit Classic is very excellent for me, and i have never seen / got a headphone with the same Bass quality.

Can you tell me which Headphone has the same bass like Focal Spirit Classic, so that i can order it for NOMAD USE ?

thank
sam

Apr 26, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #141 of 204
  Hello,

i have got Focal Spirit Classic. i use it during about 2 months and got it accidentally broken : i'm still sad.
Nos i have Denon ADH 600, which is good, but i'm looking for the Exact type of Focal Spirit Classic BASS.
I'm looking for a headphone (nomade) which has the exact sound of BASS like Focal Spirit Classic.
the Bass of Focal Spirit Classic is very excellent for me, and i have never seen / got a headphone with the same Bass quality.

Can you tell me which Headphone has the same bass like Focal Spirit Classic, so that i can order it for NOMAD USE ?

thank
sam

The Spirit Pro maybe?

It's gonna be hard to find something similar to a circum aural in a supra aural headphone.

Apr 27, 2014 at 3:43 AM Post #142 of 204
Really,
i would like to buy an other Headphone, not the same Focal Spirit Classic; but something like or better than.

thanks 

Apr 28, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #143 of 204
  Really,
i would like to buy an other Headphone, not the same Focal Spirit Classic; but something like or better than.

thanks 

Wait? Weren't you asking about a Nomad headphone close to the Spirit Classic? The Spirit Pro is probably the closest you can find.

The NAD HP50 seems to have a comparable tonal balance and performance as the FSP, too.

Jun 9, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #146 of 204
  There's a new version of the Spirit One out called the Spirit One S.
You can purchase them here. http://www.woodbrass.com/en/product_info.php?products_id=173294&af=35

I noticed they were selling them. Have you ordered a pair?

Amazon have had some pretty competitive prices on the Classic & Pro (although creeping up now) so I think I'll probably hold off and see what they're selling them for before taking the plunge....can't say I'm not tempted just to stick in an order with Woodbrass now though. Could have them by the end of the week (must resist) 
wink.gif

Jun 10, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #147 of 204
  I noticed they were selling them. Have you ordered a pair?

Amazon have had some pretty competitive prices on the Classic & Pro (although creeping up now) so I think I'll probably hold off and see what they're selling them for before taking the plunge....can't say I'm not tempted just to stick in an order with Woodbrass now though. Could have them by the end of the week (must resist) 
wink.gif

I haven't ordered a pair because I'm not sure about the price, although it is a decent one. Also I'm still waiting for someone's review/impressions.

Jun 29, 2014 at 3:00 AM Post #149 of 204
Does the Classic have a removable cable? I've heard it's obnoxiously long.

The cable can indeed be removed.

Focal include 2 in the box. A fairly heavy duty 4 metre cable for home use  (has a velcro cable tie that can be used to adjust it to a more manageable length) and a shorter mobile cable for use with portable devices.

You can of course use 3rd party cables too but they need to have quite a slimline jack as the opening the jack goes into is fairly narrow. I've used a Fisual s-flex mini and also a V-moda cable with mine and both work well.

Jun 29, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #150 of 204
Sounds good. I've been looking for a headphone to upgrade to from the Denon D600. I was wondering if these would be good enough. Is there any headphone you could compare it to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back