Focal Sphear earphones
Oct 19, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #46 of 166
Depends on the seal maybe like the Focal? Get a good fit and there's nothing 'thin' about the sound. Just crystal clear and very neutral but not in the least bit dull. Excellent bass for a single BA. Questions the need for multi BA. Progressive Rock as we both like sounds as good as classical and jazz. Very much like the Focal Spirit albeit less warm. I'm not into genre specific headphones. The MFs like Focals have had great reviews from most British hifi press but polarizing some don't like them.

EDIT Maybe an acquired taste; I have 2 pairs ! hence not buying these Focals just yet.
Neither am I as I listen not only to prog, but I want to hear bass when required like on the new Sonar- Black Light for example, which sounds fab with my IE80, I don't settle for less:blush:, by the way , the Äidle now priced 290 Euro:blush:

Oct 19, 2015 at 8:13 AM Post #47 of 166
Neither am I as I listen not only to prog, but I want to hear bass when required like on the new Sonar- Black Light for example, which sounds fab with my IE80, I don't settle for less:blush:, by the way , the Äidle now priced 290 Euro:blush:

Hmm very tempting.....

Oct 19, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #48 of 166
They've got their IEM out soon as well? So would be an interesting all French contest with Focal. Probably a good deal pricier though (being made in France?)

Oct 19, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #51 of 166
did you hear this one?

Benjamin Clementine yes! A great talent only got his earlier EP. As for Aedle no only seen and felt them they had no cables on displays! Most beautiful of headphones EVER!

Oct 19, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #53 of 166
No not many places have those even in UK. It's Beats, Beats and more Beats generally apart fromt he increasingly rare Hifi shops or in London.

Oct 19, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #54 of 166
Same with Focal. Why I bought mine in France where the have them in supermarkets!

Never sen a pair of Beats for sale there actually. PortaPros are popular. They do have taste!

Oct 19, 2015 at 5:55 PM Post #55 of 166
Seems like the limited first-hand experience for these haven't been the best, which is disappointing as I was really looking forward to these. Any other feedback from owners of these IEM's? I am a big Focal fan (I own the Aria 906's as my main speakers) and these looked to have big potential. 

Oct 20, 2015 at 2:22 AM Post #56 of 166
Seems like the limited first-hand experience for these haven't been the best, which is disappointing as I was really looking forward to these. Any other feedback from owners of these IEM's? I am a big Focal fan (I own the Aria 906's as my main speakers) and these looked to have big potential. 
They would get more attention if the pricetag was 500 Euro up. There is a lot of snobism going on here.

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #59 of 166
If they had an obscure Chinese name then they might get more coverage on here!?!

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #60 of 166
In terms of earphones from other big hifi and speaker companies such as Musical Fidelity (in my case), Kef. Psb, NAD even B&W and beyerdynamic aren't so popular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back