Focal For Bentley Radiance Headphones
Sep 16, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #108 of 1,455
I wonder if a non-Bentley version is on the pipeline :thinking:
I feel like it should, since Elegia is discontinued so this should replace Elegia in that price bracket down the line.

Though I do find the choice is odd......... it's like Bentley owners probably don't care about audio enough to buy $1200 headphone, while most of us that cares don't want the Bentley logo.....

So I'd rather wait for the non-limited non-Bentley edition that will come later (if it comes).

Sep 16, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #109 of 1,455
Is this release limited?

Sep 16, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #110 of 1,455
Can this be preordered in Japan?

Sep 16, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #114 of 1,455
Is this release limited?
I spoke to my Focal rep, it is indeed limited run.
That 3090 tho
I don't think I can justify a 3090 since I just want a nice upgrade to my 1080ti and would need to get a bigger PSU for the 3090.
I also want to preorder but waiting to see frequency response chart and hear some impressions first.
My Focal rep said because it has the leather earpads like the Stellia, it has a greater subbass impact and extension as a result. I can forsee a chance with these headphones with the high demand/limited supply and launch being a little far out that most will sell out in the pre-order phase before we get a shot at a FR. Would love to see the FR also!

Sep 16, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #115 of 1,455
I can forsee a chance with these headphones with the high demand/limited supply and launch being a little far out that most will sell out in the pre-order phase before we get a shot at a FR. Would love to see the FR also!
Didn't @jude get a pair from Focal?
If so - hopefully a FR graph and some impressions are in the cards for the very near future :wink:

Sep 16, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #116 of 1,455

I don't think I can justify a 3090 since I just want a nice upgrade to my 1080ti and would need to get a bigger PSU for the 3090.

My Focal rep said because it has the leather earpads like the Stellia, it has a greater subbass impact and extension as a result. I can forsee a chance with these headphones with the high demand/limited supply and launch being a little far out that most will sell out in the pre-order phase before we get a shot at a FR. Would love to see the FR also!
Does that mean if Focal release a new non-Bentley version, the appearance and the material will be less premium compare to Radiance? Just a general replacement with slight driver upgrade from discontinued elegia, and the price will be cheaper than Radiance and close to elegia also.

Sep 16, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #117 of 1,455
Does that mean if Focal release a new non-Bentley version, the appearance and the material will be less premium compare to Radiance? Just a general replacement with slight driver upgrade from discontinued elegia, and the price will be cheaper than Radiance and close to elegia also.
I wouldn't mind that, this currently attracts too much attention. I wouldn't mind paying less and a bit more Elegia looking lol.

Sep 16, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #118 of 1,455

How about preorder from Japan? Any chance?

Sep 16, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #119 of 1,455
Didn't @jude get a pair from Focal?
If so - hopefully a FR graph and some impressions are in the cards for the very near future :wink:
Ahh yes! If Jude has a pair I imagine he has measure it with his lovely measurement rig :relieved:

If he can share it yet is also another question I would wonder.
Good question! I don't know! Totally within the realm of possibility.
How about preorder from Japan? Any chance?
Japan is a big market so I imagine once JP get some more info on their end, they will also open up pre-orders. We haven't for example, opened up pre-orders on our side yet since we haven't figured out how many we will be ordering just yet.

Sep 17, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #120 of 1,455
Jude said on Facebook he will post FR chart and impressions soon.

Edit: Apparently his reply isn't exactly like I remembered. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back