Focal For Bentley Radiance Headphones
Sep 14, 2020 at 3:31 PM Post #47 of 1,455
I saw the photo expecting a $7000 utopia with a bentley logo and new paint job. I was surprised to see it's a somewhat affordable focal and different tuning. Definitely one of the best looking headphones right now.

Sep 14, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #49 of 1,455
I like Bentleys and I'd buy one if I lived outside the UK with somewhere with big wide roads. I like the look of the headphones but I don't understand what a "mellow linear" treble is? Is this just a marketing way of saying rolled off????

There are plenty of Bentleys in London and Cambridge. :D

As for this headphone, this looks like my dream headphone. A warmer Elegia with deeper bass is all I need. I can't wait to get it! Though I don't like use of car brands in audio equipment.

Sep 14, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #50 of 1,455
Totally agree - in fact I thought that the Stellia looks really ugly when I saw it in pictures. In real life, the headphone looks gorgeous.
The Radiance looks really nice as well, but as a Stellia and Utopia owner I am not excited about it.

Stellia is wonderful headphone but I find its copper color very hard to carry myself with. Wish they could release the same in all-black. Bentley Radiance looks exactly like the same wishes granted but it might not be as wondrous as Stellia when it comes to actual sound reproduction. But it certainly could be a great replacement for Elegia that is being discontinued and/or a closed-back complement to Clear Pro with nearly just as good sound.

Sep 14, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #51 of 1,455
I would note that if you look at pictures of high end cars, most of them don't have black interiors. This is because black leather hides imperfections much better than a brown leather, and not having a black interior is a sign of quality leather not vice versa.

Sep 14, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #58 of 1,455
I went ahead and asked my Focal rep about this headphone. I compared the spec sheet with the Elegia. Both were 35 ohm but they had different weights and slightly lower sensitivity on the new cans.

Rep got back to me for both the Naim and the headphones. The Naim is just Mu-So gen 2 with the Bentley colors/branding.

The Focal Radiance is indeed a new headphone with Bentley branding and colors. They are not Elegia but it is the closest to an Elegia in the Focal family of closed headphones instead of the Stellia. He said also Focal should be sending some more info out on it. Stay tuned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back