Focal Elegia - what do you think?
Sep 22, 2022 at 6:41 AM Post #4,021 of 4,840
Try and use a balanced cable if you can (it seems to help with the overall sound). Also, I would listen to them for a week or so exclusively. They do have a different tonality, but once you get used to it, you start to apprectiate the sound more (which really does sound good IMHO). Some people say they might need burn-in (conditioning) and maybe they are right, but I think it is getting your brain used to a different signature (they really do have a unique sound). Just some food for thought.

Congrats on your new shiny! :)

Are you using the stock pads? Is there a relatively cheap (price wise) cable you would recommend? I'm also not used to close back headphones so I do find them a bit claustrophobic. They are decently comfortable though.

Sep 22, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #4,022 of 4,840
Are you using the stock pads? Is there a relatively cheap (price wise) cable you would recommend? I'm also not used to close back headphones so I do find them a bit claustrophobic. They are decently comfortable though.
I use the stock pads most time, but then switch it up now and again with the Dekoni custom Stelia pads, which are decidedly different from the Dekoni sheepskin pads that you got with yours.

I am using a Hartaudio modular cable with mine. It is fairly inexpensive, and I can use the modular connectors with all of my headphones that also have that cable (4 now).

Sep 22, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #4,023 of 4,840
Sep 24, 2022 at 8:44 PM Post #4,026 of 4,840
Thanks!

It is just nice to know that they synergize well with other equipment besides my iBasso DAPs. :)

Sep 24, 2022 at 9:03 PM Post #4,027 of 4,840
I use the stock pads most time, but then switch it up now and again with the Dekoni custom Stelia pads, which are decidedly different from the Dekoni sheepskin pads that you got with yours.

I am using a Hartaudio modular cable with mine. It is fairly inexpensive, and I can use the modular connectors with all of my headphones that also have that cable (4 now).
He did not get the Dekoni sheepskins with them, he got the Dekoni Limited Edition Stellia pads.

Sep 24, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #4,028 of 4,840
He did not get the Dekoni sheepskins with them, he got the Dekoni Limited Edition Stellia pads.
Ah! I guess I was going from what he said:
So I got a set of Elegia which included an extra set of Dekoni sheepskin pads.
Since that is the case, those sound really good with them (to my ears). Sort of half-way between the stock pads and the Dekoni sheepskin pads. Either way, it is surprising how much it can change the overall sound of the headphones. Hifiman HE400 series are another set that have such a noticeable change with other pads.

Sep 24, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #4,029 of 4,840
Ah! I guess I was going from what he said:

Since that is the case, those sound really good with them (to my ears). Sort of half-way between the stock pads and the Dekoni sheepskin pads. Either way, it is surprising how much it can change the overall sound of the headphones. Hifiman HE400 series are another set that have such a noticeable change with other pads.
I thought the Stellia pads were a big improvement. I also bought the sheepskin pads, but they definitely were not the answer. :relaxed:

Sep 24, 2022 at 9:18 PM Post #4,030 of 4,840
I thought the Stellia pads were a big improvement. I also bought the sheepskin pads, but they definitely were not the answer. :relaxed:
I would agree with you, depending on the music that am listening to them with. Most things though the stock pads are pretty sublime sounding (to me).

Edit: Mind, this all is contingent upon using no EQ at all.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #4,031 of 4,840
I thought they were good stock and better with Stellia pads. I also liked giving them some bass boost.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #4,032 of 4,840
I thought they good stock and better with Stellia pads. I also liked giving them some bass boost.
I don't really feel they need any bass boost because it is definitely there when called for, but if a song didn't have it, that is how I want to hear it. :) We all have our preferences though, and that is what keeps all the different head gear makers in business (which is a good thing IMO for choice, competitive).

Sep 24, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #4,033 of 4,840
I thought they were good stock and better with Stellia pads. I also liked giving them some bass boost.
(not Elegia specifically). I am happy to see your post! Are you & family (2-legged + 4-legged) all right?

Sep 24, 2022 at 9:40 PM Post #4,034 of 4,840
[duplicate]

Sep 24, 2022 at 9:46 PM Post #4,035 of 4,840
(not Elegia specifically). I am happy to see your post! Are you & family (2-legged + 4-legged) all right?
Thank you sir! Just got our power back tonight at 9:00M. That was like 18 hours without power.
No TV today, no headphone amps, no headphone DAC.
However I read half a book and listened to my iBasso SR2's out of my Sony DAP.

You have NEVER seen a TV go on faster!

Yes, I am pathetic. :smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back