Focal Elegia - what do you think?
May 5, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #2,701 of 4,827
The Elegia needs no EQ at all. Just good music and a good source. I will probably sell a lot of stuff now and get me an Elear on top.

May 5, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #2,702 of 4,827
Yeah me as well. Still trying to find an eq profile with the dekoni sheepskin pads.
Resolve on Headphones.com has one in the Elegia thread.

May 5, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #2,704 of 4,827
Whe

Where do you see that? I’m subscribed to that thread and didn’t see anything about the eq with the leather pads.
I picked up his tips from the tonality section of his review there. maybe we should ask him for a succinct version.

May 5, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #2,705 of 4,827
Yeah me as well. Still trying to find an eq profile with the dekoni sheepskin pads.
Elegia + Dekoni

I listen to Tidal mostly, and don't have any EQ facilities. I use the Dekoni Fenistrated pads for music where I want all the detail (neutral profile?). I use the Sheepskin pads when I want bass heavy fun (e.g Billie Eilish :L3000:)

May 6, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #2,706 of 4,827
The Elegia needs no EQ at all. Just good music and a good source. I will probably sell a lot of stuff now and get me an Elear on top.
Out of my entire collection I'd say that's the headphone that needs EQ the most...
Sure my brain somewhat adapted to it after a while but after EQ it is great and toggling EQ off puts a blanket on the HP. I literally can't listen to it stock any longer, honky and veiled for me.
Preferences and taste I guess, no absolute truth

May 6, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #2,707 of 4,827
Out of my entire collection I'd say that's the headphone that needs EQ the most...
Sure my brain somewhat adapted to it after a while but after EQ it is great and toggling EQ off puts a blanket on the HP. I literally can't listen to it stock any longer, honky and veiled for me.
Do you have yours with the dekoni pads?

May 6, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #2,709 of 4,827
Yup same here, I loved the sound of the Elegia, but since I've used it with some EQ I cannot get back to stock. It is just veiled and I get the impression I am wasting the beautiful technicalities of the headphones.

May 6, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #2,710 of 4,827
I have the Dekoni non fenestrated elite sheepskin (that is a mouthful), and while I liked it at first, I much prefer the stock pads with Oratory EQ. something with the Dekoni bothered me. While it did bring the bass up, I heard some reflections or some untidiness in the low end that I can't really put my finger on. I did balance the FR some, but I felt it came with adverse effects in clarity.

May 7, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #2,712 of 4,827
I second this. I have the elegia's and tbh it sounds like crap without EQ. I cannnot listen to them without EQ or else its just terrible.

May 7, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #2,713 of 4,827
I am looking to get a 2.5 mm balanced cable. What are some good third party cables? I’m looking to spend less than $100 and hope for even under $50.

May 7, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #2,715 of 4,827
I am looking to get a 2.5 mm balanced cable. What are some good third party cables? I’m looking to spend less than $100 and hope for even under $50.
Hart Audio made me a cable that I’m happy with - great customer service as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back