Focal Elegia - what do you think?
Feb 5, 2020 at 9:03 AM Post #1,351 of 4,840
Hi, I just recently got my Focal Elegia and so released my first headphone review (video). I've put this into a written review on the Focal Elegia review section. But thought I would share my video to the main thread, in the hope I might get some feedback or perhaps even help somebody interested :)
If interested, please find my video here.

Feb 9, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #1,352 of 4,840
P.S. I am selling my Elegia if anybody is interested. I am just about to post it to the for sale forum...

Feb 11, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #1,353 of 4,840
As much as I love my Nightowls, I can't stop thinking about buying these. I auditioned them about a year ago, loved them, but couldn't justify the price.

Now my left ear tinnitus means I must sell my IEMs, I haven't got any monetary excuse any more.

Curse you hobby!
I love my HD650's but I'm ready to buy a nice pair of closed back headphones and I've decided to give the Elegia a try. I'm going to order next week so I still have time to change my mind but today it's the Elegia.

Feb 13, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #1,357 of 4,840
I've read quite a bit about the Focal headphones in general and I'm definitely interested in the Elegia. I have a question for Focal owners, in particular Eligia owners. The positioning of the drivers intrigues me. Forward and angled from what I gather. Does this actually make a difference compared to say my HD650 headphones in the way you perceive, for lack of a better word, the music you're hearing?

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 14, 2020 at 2:48 PM Post #1,358 of 4,840
Hello Elegia owners and fans!!

Please, can you confirm that this headphone is real lether free? I dont want to use real leather and I think every focal headphone has on it. The problem with the official specs is that they always refer to leather, no matter if it is real animal one or some kind of synthetic.

I do believe this headphone has only pleather, but can someone of you confirm me this please? thanks a lot in advance

Feb 14, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #1,359 of 4,840
Hello Elegia owners and fans!!

Please, can you confirm that this headphone is real lether free? I dont want to use real leather and I think every focal headphone has on it. The problem with the official specs is that they always refer to leather, no matter if it is real animal one or some kind of synthetic.

I do believe this headphone has only pleather, but can someone of you confirm me this please? thanks a lot in advance

Why does it matter ?

Feb 15, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #1,361 of 4,840
I recently got my Elegia. absolutely love the dynamic capabilities of this pair, and how being a closed-back, it does not sound closed-in at all. Though the sound leakage is quite immense as I do like to listen to music quite loud.

I've been using Resolve's eq suggestions on these bumping up the upper mids to fix the timbre qualities and am loving them even more!

Feb 15, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #1,362 of 4,840
I recently got my Elegia. absolutely love the dynamic capabilities of this pair, and how being a closed-back, it does not sound closed-in at all. Though the sound leakage is quite immense as I do like to listen to music quite loud.

I've been using Resolve's eq suggestions on these bumping up the upper mids to fix the timbre qualities and am loving them even more!
The cable length and stiffness seems to be a problem for some reviewers. What's your opinion?

Feb 15, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #1,364 of 4,840
For that I purchased a custom cable from aliexpress. The original cable was not only stiff, but one side broke.

Focal really needs to work on their cable quality. Other than that, 0 complaints on the rest. Best closed back cans I've heard for sure!
You've pushed me over the edge, I'm in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back