Focal Elegia - what do you think?
Oct 1, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #16 of 4,838
That is a neato looking thing, if only I had the ability to talk about... Maybe when October 5th rolls around...
tenor2.gif

Oct 1, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #17 of 4,838
I just hope its voiced more like the Clear, and less like the Elear. :sunglasses:

Oct 1, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #18 of 4,838
I'd like to learn more on these as well not a whole lot of news on the web about them guess we will see..

Oct 1, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #19 of 4,838
I'm kind of excited about the prospect of a closed Focal Elecletopia. May they brew an affordable winner.

Oct 4, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #23 of 4,838
Below is a description from a German site that will be selling it. Sounds like it has the voice coil of the Clear.

Link to the site: https://www.audioforum-berlin.de/en/MM/Brands/FOCAL/HEADPHONES/ELEGIA
  • Elegia is an audiophile circum-aural closed-back pair of headphones from Focal. The ergonomic design makes them incredibly comfortable and offers excellent sound isolation, making these headphones the ideal solution for long listening sessions. Continuing its headphone development programme, the Focal R&D team has introduced several new innovations, all with incredible audio performance in mind. The full-range 'M'-shape aluminium/magnesium dome speaker driver provides a very high frequency response, which is the basis for Elegia’s supremely dynamic sound. In addition, the frameless voice coil, which is lightweight yet incredibly stiff, reproduces the minutest details that adds to the convincing all-round performance. With its incredible tonal balance combined with long-term comfort, the Elegia is a key reference in the high-end closed-back headphones sector.
  • Impedance: 35 Ohms
  • Sensitivity: 105 dB SPL / 1 mW @ 1 kHz
  • THD: 0.1 % @ 1 kHz / 100 dB SPL
  • Frequency response: 5 Hz - 23 kHz
  • Speaker driver: 1.57" (40 mm) 'M'-shape Aluminium/ Magnesium dome
  • Cable provided: 1.2 m asymmetric cable (3.5 mm TRS jack), 3.5 mm to 1/4" (6.35 mm) stereo jack adapter

Oct 4, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #24 of 4,838
If it can sound somewhere between the Clear and Utopia, in a closed version, I'm excited.

Oct 4, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #25 of 4,838
Can't we just have something more affordable from Focal. I want a Spirit Classic just properly built this time. Thank you

Oct 5, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #28 of 4,838
New from Focal, the Elegia. Priced at $900, it is Focal coming out with a closed back. Expected to launch later this month but being shown at RMAF for the first time this weekend. Embargo is finally up so I can talk about it and post pics.

https://www.focal.com/headphones/elegia/

JkeBmR3.png

Rq7SRXq.jpg

From Focal:
Elegia is the very first high-end closed-back headphones from Focal, combining innovation, unique expertise and product design taken from the DNA of previous products. The resulting product delivers an extraordinary acoustic performance and offers excellent value within the price bracket.

ijLCjW0.jpg

The Focal logo is ported just like the Focal IEMs the Sphear but it remains a closed back headphone.

I had a chance last month to give it a quick demo on a Questyle CMA600i. The sound signature I would describe to be on the balanced side so in my opinion, I feel it sounds like a closed back Clear.

I won't be out at RMAF this year and was hopping to give it more of a listen but wasn't able to make it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back