Focal Elegia - what do you think?
May 29, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #4,426 of 4,840
same...got a open box from them with the upgraded Focal cable! While people act like these are actually $300 cans forget these bad boys were $900-1000+ a few years ago before the Radiance and Celestee arrived. These cans are damn good...and many people years ago wanted to EQ them to death, but im finding out that if you got a good system these cans are amazing.

May 29, 2023 at 6:05 PM Post #4,427 of 4,840
Yea I think they sound great as they are and don't think they need any EQ

May 29, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #4,428 of 4,840
Does anyone have a recommendation on a headband cover or those knit ones I've seen for the Clear?

May 29, 2023 at 9:05 PM Post #4,429 of 4,840
Your brain may need to be "burned-in" to the Elegia's sound. Try to listen to the Elegia continuously for a week before switching back to the Shure, then report back to the thread what your opinion is at that time. Cheers!
Will do! Gonna get the Dakoni Sheepskin pads and and a 2.5 balanced cable to use with my Qudelix. I’ll also be using the Oratory1990 EQ and see how it all goes.

May 29, 2023 at 9:21 PM Post #4,430 of 4,840
Does anyone have a recommendation on a headband cover or those knit ones I've seen for the Clear?

I have used this one for my AKG K553 for two years and I still do not see any cracking anywhere around the headband:

https://www.amazon.com/Headband-Universal-Replacement-Protector-Headphones/dp/B0814D2NG7/

It looks like the Elegia has even less top head padding than the K553, so here is one that is similar to the one I have, but also comes with a detachable hook-and-loop padding piece:

https://www.amazon.com/Headband-Protector-Installation-Sennheíser-Headphones/dp/B08HQGTR7D/

May 29, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #4,431 of 4,840
I have used this one for my AKG K553 for two years and I still do not see any cracking anywhere around the headband:

https://www.amazon.com/Headband-Universal-Replacement-Protector-Headphones/dp/B0814D2NG7/

It looks like the Elegia has even less top head padding than the K553, so here is one that is similar to the one I have, but also comes with a detachable hook-and-loop padding piece:

https://www.amazon.com/Headband-Protector-Installation-Sennheíser-Headphones/dp/B08HQGTR7D/

Just make sure you order the max size (to fit the Elegia) if you order from the first link... This is also the one I use:)

Here is what it looks like on the Elegia, if you are interested:
20230124_205354.jpg

20230124_205408.jpg

20230124_205448.jpg

May 29, 2023 at 10:42 PM Post #4,432 of 4,840
Just make sure you order the max size (to fit the Elegia) if you order from the first link... This is also the one I use:)

Here is what it looks like on the Elegia, if you are interested:

Apparently, the 2nd link (Geekria brand) is a tight fit with the Focal Clear, but it is well designed to protect the leather:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/review/B08HQGTR7D/R1X1W8MBUCG909/ref=ask_dp_lswr_rp_hza

@samandhi how is the fit for you with the TXesign brand 2.5” headband cover and the Elegia?

Last edited:
May 30, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #4,433 of 4,840
Apparently, the 2nd link (Geekria brand) is a tight fit with the Focal Clear, but it is well designed to protect the leather:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/review/B08HQGTR7D/R1X1W8MBUCG909/ref=ask_dp_lswr_rp_hza

@samandhi how is the fit for you with the TXesign brand 2.5” headband cover and the Elegia?
It is pretty tight fitting, though it isn't so tight that it is really hard to put it on. It is a stretchy material, and when installing it, you have to hold the two pieces together so that the zipper will zip. I don't see this one moving around much at all.

May 30, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #4,434 of 4,840
Has anybody tried the Voarmaks (what’s with those names?) sheepskin pads from Amazon on their Focal headphones? Tempting at almost half the price of the Dekoni’s.

I ordered the Elegia from Adorama and they will arrive later this week and I want to give them a good chance as people’s opinion on them are so polarizing. I got the Dekoni in my cart but then I saw these ones.

Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #4,435 of 4,840
Has anybody tried the Voarmaks (what’s with those names?) sheepskin pads from Amazon on their Focal headphones? Tempting at almost half the price of the Dekoni’s.
as I noted earlier....The unknown 3rd party on Amazon and Ebay are all sourced from the same suppliers and just re-branded, and can be gotten for much cheaper still directly from Ali....
or even more affordable at $14.39 Can free ship...how good are they?...will have to try.
Here are the leather ones...quite often they just use the same photos.... zero work involved.
Just search for..."Perforated Sheepskin Leather Earpads for Focal CLEAR MG ELEGIA UTOPIA STELLIA"
Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 10.03.08 AM.png

Last edited:
May 31, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #4,437 of 4,840
I ordered the Grey Clear suede pads for my Elear on ebay should be arriving this week. Will post how they sound and feel.

Jun 1, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #4,439 of 4,840
I just got these Elegia brand new from Adorama about two hours ago and I wanted to see what vent is behind those covers 😂 IMG_9899.jpegIMG_9900.jpeg
Congrats on your new shiny! :)

So have you listened to them (in comparison) with the cover off? Does it make it more like open backs? Obviously it would mess up the tuning if it does, but I am curious. I never thought about looking underneath that cover.... hahaha

Jun 1, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #4,440 of 4,840
Congrats on your new shiny! :)

So have you listened to them (in comparison) with the cover off? Does it make it more like open backs? Obviously it would mess up the tuning if it does, but I am curious. I never thought about looking underneath that cover.... hahaha
Well I only took that one side off and put it back on. I was thinking about it but didn’t. I might eventually try it to see but since I’m not gonna be using them with the covers off I didn’t want to bother. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back