Focal Elegia Measurements
Oct 5, 2018 at 3:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 121
Focal-Elegia-versus-Focal-Clear---FR---RAW.jpg

Focal-Elegia-versus-Focal-Clear---THD.jpg

I'll offer up more commentary about the Focal Elegia and its measurements, but it will have to wait until after CanJam @ RMAF, just due to time constraints during the show.

The measurements in this post were made using:

Attachments

• Focal-Elegia-versus-Focal-Clear---FR---RAW.jpg
    Focal-Elegia-versus-Focal-Clear---FR---RAW.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 0
Oct 5, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #4 of 121
high-end closed back headphones are crowded in the market now.
lcd-2 closed, massdrop ether closed, mr speakers aeon closed, pioneer se-monitor 5, and now focal elegia,
all are under $1000.

Oct 5, 2018 at 5:31 PM Post #7 of 121
The headphone market in general is getting very crowded. I can only hope increasing competiton will push down prices.

Oct 5, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #8 of 121
Ohh, this graph looks pretty nice compared to Clear, which I quite enjoy. I wonder how it compares to Aeon Closed. I loved to see that more headphones crowd this sub-$1000 closed-back pairs, though I would like to see a true flagship TOTL closed-back as well. :)

Oct 5, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #9 of 121
Interesting graph. Looks a bit like a cross between the Elear and Clear in terms of FR.

Oct 5, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #10 of 121
Nice to see a little warmth around 80-100. I found the Elear and Clear just a little cool sounding.

Oct 5, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #12 of 121
The headphone market in general is getting very crowded. I can only hope increasing competiton will push down prices.
Yeah. Seems like there's a new headphone every week. I guess they've figured out what suckers we are :anguished::laughing:

I haven't heard the headphones, but looking at that graph I can feel the 2k and 6k peaks yelling at me coupled with that small metal driver timbre. Not for me, mate.
But bass area looks a little heavier.....might absorb some of that.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #13 of 121
Yeah. Seems like there's a new headphone every week. I guess they've figured out what suckers we are :anguished::laughing:

But bass area looks a little heavier.....might absorb some of that.

And it will probably do that, but I just don't like that approach, it's like cleaning the house but hiding the dust under the carpet instead of throwing it to the trash can, sure, the house will look equally clean both ways, but in reality, it isn't.
Nitpicking and bias aside, it still is a better graph than 80% of stuff out there.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #14 of 121
And it will probably do that, but I just don't like that approach, it's like cleaning the house but hiding the dust under the carpet instead of throwing it to the trash can, sure, the house will look equally clean both ways, but in reality, it isn't.
Nitpicking and bias aside, it still is a better graph than 80% of stuff out there.
Yeah, the graph look clean and balanced, if the soundstage is about the Utopia, it would be a hit

Oct 5, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #15 of 121
it's like cleaning the house but hiding the dust under the carpet instead of throwing it to the trash can, sure, the house will look equally clean both ways, but in reality, it isn't.
Or cleaning the house (after not doing it for 20 years), and sweeping the dust into piles and making it look like a couple of purebred grey cats on a clean floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back