Focal Elegia cable replacement.
Sep 29, 2022 at 7:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

nar53

New Head-Fier
Hi, I've just bought a S/H pair of Focal Elegia's. I was looking to buy the Celestee but found these at a price I couldn't resist. Anyway as a closed back I'm very happy with them for what I want but the cable is pretty awful and was wondering if anyone could recommend a replacement. I've found many different cables online but I have no idea as to whether they are any good.

Cheers..... 👍

Sep 30, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #5 of 12
Hi, I've just bought a S/H pair of Focal Elegia's. I was looking to buy the Celestee but found these at a price I couldn't resist. Anyway as a closed back I'm very happy with them for what I want but the cable is pretty awful and was wondering if anyone could recommend a replacement. I've found many different cables online but I have no idea as to whether they are any good.

Cheers..... 👍
I like the 4.4mm Meze cables. I have both the less expensive “copper” cable, as well as the “silver” cable that is slightly brighter. Good quality materials. MUCH lighter and flexible than the stock Focal cable.

Mar 27, 2023 at 2:59 AM Post #6 of 12
Hi all,
Reviving this thread as I am also on the lookout for new cables for my recently acquired Elegias. The one that came with them is truly horrible, to the point of being outright annoying. In addition to the above, are there any other recommendations? Perhaps form the likes of Forza Audioworks etc? Many thanks!

Mar 27, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #9 of 12
Hi all. After trying many cables, I'd say the GUcraftsman balanced cable (cheap, from Aliexpress) is the BEST for Elegia. And Stellia too. It's leaps ahead of Focal stock cables. I've done many tests, and usually a cheap, clear copper wire from China isn't great - But this GUcraftsman really performs.

There's probably better options out there - But this one blows Focal's stock cable out of the water. If you have a balanced amplifier, of course.

Mar 28, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #12 of 12
Cheers; can I ask which other cables you tried out?
I've tried the Stellia balanced cable, a custom Skyaudiocables one (good price for custom, but poor sound). Hifiman stock cable, and finally GUcraftsman copper balanced cable. The latter was my favourite, I use it for HE1000se too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back