1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Focal Elear - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by grizzlybeast, Jun 21, 2016.
First

Back
73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93
Next

Last
  1. music4mhell
    Did you find any difference between Forza cable and stock cable with respect to sound ?

2. Wailing Fungus
    To be honest, no, but then my main reasons for changing the cable were better for ergonomics and aesthetics. I haven't done any critical listening / comparisons between the two cables and frankly i'm far to busy enjoying the Elear's to bother.

3. Sonic Defender Contributor
    Love that iFi stack by the way. I had the Micro for about 6 months and I loved it. It was hard to believe the sound quality produced by such a tiny device!

4. Imusicman
    How do they sound out of the iFi? I was looking at the iFi Pro

5. Wailing Fungus
    I have no complaints at all, but then I haven't heard a lot of kit so can't really make any comparisons. The ifi micro stack drives the Elears with authority. I can only imagine that the ifi pro will be a step up from this.

I've also got my eye on the ifi Pro range as a potential upgrade in the near future.

6. Imusicman
    Me too. Looking at the iCan & new Pro DAC that will be released early 2017 :blush:

7. GU1DO
    i would stear away from iFi products ,,, they lack sound stage and air ,,
    i have the micro iDSD & mini iUSB3 , collecting dust ,, i dont like them at all..

8. Imusicman
    Any recommendations for the Elear then?

9. Sonic Defender Contributor
    In all fairness, that is just one opinion, most people here speak highly of the iFi line, quite highly. I don't know that the amp and dac can effect those aspects of a song, the sound stage and air are characteristics that are created by design during the mastering phase. I could be wrong, maybe to an extent the components have some effect in this sense, but all I know is that when I had my Micro and I played material with soundstage I didn't notice it was restricted, maybe I just missed it, but I suspect if it is at all an issue, it is likely rather subtle.

10. greenback
    I own both. 

The TH-900 are better for EDM, in that they focus more on the lower frequencies, with detail and impact. The Elear has bass and you can feel it, but it isn't the same thing. The TH900 bass isn't bloated though, not like, say the Shure SRH1540, which sounds super bloated and veiled compared to the TH900.

I don't think you would be disappointed by either headphone, and the Elear is certainly not bass light, but it is not as v-shaped as the TH900.

If I had to own just one it would be a tough choice. I would probably go with the Elear in that case.

b3wannabe likes this.
  11. greenback
    For anyone looking for another cable for the Elear, my Beyerdynamic T5P.2 cable works perfectly with the Elear and it looks good too. I'm going to order a second cable 1.4m so that I don't have to use the ridiculous cable it comes with.

DivaFonda likes this.
  12. GU1DO
    Cant say for now  ,,, i am waiting my Elear from moon-audio within next weeks ,,

i dont like iFi with all of my cans ,, LCD-X , TH-900 , HE-400 , AQ NightHawk , and others ..

Yah if it was not the reviews and opinion of other people i would not get it ,, but after using it ,, i can judge it my self ,,
    really am not making it ,, this is what i hear ,, it suck the air out of headphones , not sure how to explain it,  but my ears dont like it at all
    it kill the musicality and life of sound ..

thanks for the recommendation ,, it is OCC 7N copper with very nice price ..

13. oqvist
    Where do you buy that T5P.2 cable?

14. Headphone4Life
    I went about 6 days without listening to my Elear and instead listened to my Nighthawk and HD700. When I finally listened to the Elear again it was so obvious how much better they are than my NH and HD700, which are both really nice hp's in their own right. They sound so much more dynamic and I know that's what a lot of people say but its so true. I'm going to barrow a pair of LCD-2 fazor and compare because that was the other headphone I was looking at when I bought the Elear.

15. oqvist
    Don´t do it your brain will be split in two which to keep lol

First

Back
73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93
Next

Last