Focal Elear - Impressions Thread
Oct 26, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #1,126 of 6,742
Running my Elear off the Chord Mojo, any opinions on whether there is a better performing amp for the Elears?

I think Mojo has enough power to drive the elear very well.
An amp will only 'color' the sound.
But 'color' can be nice. Depends what you are looking for.

Oct 26, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #1,127 of 6,742
I too came from the Omni + HD650 before I upgraded to the Elear.  Overall, I agree with joeq's statements - the main difference I see between the two is better sub-bass on the Omni and faster transients/more articulate treble on the Elear.  It's hard to say which I prefer, since the Elear brings cymbals and snares alive, but I love the sub-bass decay on the Omni.  I probably would have been satisfied with the Omni overall but the weight became too much for me after a year.

This is all coming from an Oppo HA-1 balanced.

Oct 26, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #1,128 of 6,742
Not sure about the Mojo but I would think it would depend on what you want in a dac/amp. For example basic or connectivity, or lots of connecting options. I am in the same boat. I received my Elears today and need to upgrade. I am looking at an Oppo Ha-1 and a few others.

My Elears are coming in tomorrow and I will be running them through an HA-1. I have also ordered a balanced cable for them also. There seems to be to kind of people on here, ones that love the HA-1 and ones that don't. Personally I could not be happier with it, I think it will be a great match with the Elears. You get a lot of features for the money.

Oct 26, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #1,129 of 6,742
My Elears are coming in tomorrow and I will be running them through an HA-1. I have also ordered a balanced cable for them also. There seems to be to kind of people on here, ones that love the HA-1 and ones that don't. Personally I could not be happier with it, I think it will be a great match with the Elears. You get a lot of features for the money.

I was looking at the Oppo and it seems to be feature packed. It looks to have all i could ever want or need. How is sound quality overall??

Oct 26, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #1,132 of 6,742
The oppo is very versatile and does have quite a bit of power but the DAC is mediocre ...one would be better off with a Mojo

Oct 26, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #1,133 of 6,742
Just got mine today

OMG OMG  OMG OMG

MORE TO COME ONCE I CAN ACTUALLY RATIONALLY, OBJECTIVELY , SENSIBLY AND WITH REASONABLE THOUGHT PROCESS USE MY EARS AND BRAIN TO MAKE COHERENT THOUGHTS.  TILL THEN....................
DID I MENTION .............

OMG!!!!

Oct 26, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #1,135 of 6,742
the elear are very efficient,the mojo drives it with power to spare and sounds wonderful

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #1,138 of 6,742
Just got my Elears this week and am extremely pleased.
They seem to have a lot of presence - basically tell you that they are here!
I like the drive that they have with shall we say pop songs.
I'm so impressed its even made me think about getting rid of my HE1000s!
The HEKs are superb but do seem to not have the same drive.  It's really hard to describe.

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #1,139 of 6,742
I use the Elears with my chord hugo which maximises the detail available.
No matter what technical graphs tell you, I think it is important to 'listen' to the music and if a set up captures your heart and soul you've cracked it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back