1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Focal Elear - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by grizzlybeast, Jun 21, 2016.
First

Back
66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
Next

Last
  1. lieshout

I think Mojo has enough power to drive the elear very well.
    An amp will only 'color' the sound.
    But 'color' can be nice. Depends what you are looking for.

2. imac2much
    I too came from the Omni + HD650 before I upgraded to the Elear.  Overall, I agree with joeq's statements - the main difference I see between the two is better sub-bass on the Omni and faster transients/more articulate treble on the Elear.  It's hard to say which I prefer, since the Elear brings cymbals and snares alive, but I love the sub-bass decay on the Omni.  I probably would have been satisfied with the Omni overall but the weight became too much for me after a year.

This is all coming from an Oppo HA-1 balanced.

3. Stratos27
    My Elears are coming in tomorrow and I will be running them through an HA-1. I have also ordered a balanced cable for them also. There seems to be to kind of people on here, ones that love the HA-1 and ones that don't. Personally I could not be happier with it, I think it will be a great match with the Elears. You get a lot of features for the money.

4. bugger43
    My Elears are coming in tomorrow and I will be running them through an HA-1. I have also ordered a balanced cable for them also. There seems to be to kind of people on here, ones that love the HA-1 and ones that don't. Personally I could not be happier with it, I think it will be a great match with the Elears. You get a lot of features for the money.

I was looking at the Oppo and it seems to be feature packed. It looks to have all i could ever want or need. How is sound quality overall??

5. Stratos27
    Sound quality has been fantastic. I run a AQ Carbon cable from my laptop and also upgraded the power cord to a Pangea 14SE MKII. I have no regrets with my choice of the HA-1.

6. bugger43
    I bet it does sound great. There is so much out there to pick from. I have also been checking out some of the Questyle pieces and oh my are they pricey.

7. jlbrach
    The oppo is very versatile and does have quite a bit of power but the DAC is mediocre ...one would be better off with a Mojo

8. frigginloony
    Just got mine today

OMG OMG  OMG OMG

MORE TO COME ONCE I CAN ACTUALLY RATIONALLY, OBJECTIVELY , SENSIBLY AND WITH REASONABLE THOUGHT PROCESS USE MY EARS AND BRAIN TO MAKE COHERENT THOUGHTS.  TILL THEN....................
    DID I MENTION .............

OMG!!!!

9. bugger43
    Yes they are that good. Lol.

10. jlbrach
    the elear are very efficient,the mojo drives it with power to spare and sounds wonderful

11. bugger43
    I have to say that there are so many very good headphones though. Even great ones. I would really like to have one of each of them!!! The Elears are the first pair I've bought in this price class.

12. TokenGesture
    Elear are punchy. That's how I think of them, their defining characteristic

13. Alex7755
    Just got my Elears this week and am extremely pleased.
    They seem to have a lot of presence - basically tell you that they are here!
    I like the drive that they have with shall we say pop songs.
    I'm so impressed its even made me think about getting rid of my HE1000s!
    The HEKs are superb but do seem to not have the same drive.  It's really hard to describe.

14. Alex7755
    I use the Elears with my chord hugo which maximises the detail available.
    No matter what technical graphs tell you, I think it is important to 'listen' to the music and if a set up captures your heart and soul you've cracked it.

PanusKatus likes this.
  15. Jkane101
    I have to say, the sound from these cans is just sublime

First

Back
66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
Next

Last