1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Focal Elear - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by grizzlybeast, Jun 21, 2016.
First

Back
381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390
  1. cel4145
    Depends on the person. I Like my Elears for classical and acoustic. I haven't used my HD6XX since I got the Elears.

What headphones are you coming from?

2. Bob Ley
    You think that sounds good, try adding a dac like the Topping D50s DAC.
    I have the SMSL SP 200 and just added the dac yesterday and wow. It sounds amazing!

3. coletrain104
    I was under the impression that the Elex and Clear shared the same pads. My pads are actually Elex pads purchased from massdrop, so should be like the Elex. Sorry if I somehow misinformed anyone with this, my impressions are that of Elear with Elex pads.

4. trellus
    +1 on Elears with stock Elear pads -- I have the Elear and the Elex both, and I haven't tried the Elear with the Elex pads because I don't want to, lol -- I like the Elear the way they are, and the Elex are great and I love those, too, for being less colored than the Elear, but when I put on the Elear it's because I want to hear the Elear, not the Elex or "near-Clear", so to speak.

Assimilator702 and Strat1117 like this.
  5. Goldvein
    I’m actually coming from some campfire audio cascades because I also like headphones that gives you really nice slam. They made me stop listening to classical though. They were too Bassy. I could only listen to one type of music. I hope to get some headphones to enjoy acoustic and classical and then when I want to listen to other genres I’ll use my LZ A4 because I haven’t got money for 2 pairs of good headphones.
    Would you say the elear has a sparkly and exciting treble that makes it good for classical?

6. cel4145
    Based on these measurements for the cascades, I think you will find the Elears much more balanced in bass output
    https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/campfire-audio-cascade/

I am not a treble person. Unless headphones are too dark or too bright, I pay way more attention to how the mids and bass sound. So best I not comment on the treble other than to say it's less demure than the HD6XX/HD650.

trellus and Strat1117 like this.
  7. Strat1117
    If the HD-600 (which I adore), are the gorgeous but reserved intellectual, the Elear are the younger, more exuberant, curvier sibling (think of Emily and Zoe Deschanel (sp.?))

Assimilator702, fokta and cel4145 like this.
  8. fokta
    Yes... This is the reason I prefer Elear at first place.

Now I prefer listening these at home then my IEM...

I tried to take elear go on a plane... hahaha.. no enjoyment, since all sound enter...

Pairing with DX221Mk2 and Abnormalz Cable 2.5TRRS... really i find my cup of tea... Warm with Mid Centric side...

cel4145 likes this.
  9. fokta
    20191221_101942.jpg
    Just chill with DX229...
    great combo...

Glasha, Double C and trellus like this.
  10. fokta
    20191228_072900.jpg
    DARK & Authority...
    PAngled Pad, 4 strand 23 AWG OCC Silver Copper Litz cable, and DX220 with Mod AMP8EX FE edition....

Other things,
    Bought a sheep skin pad with diameter 110 mm, was not compatible with Elear, anyone know what is the ideal diameter size for elear?

Glasha and Double C like this.
  11. SantinoSan
    If anyone is considering these, accessories4less.com has these factory refurbished for $400. I have bought quite a few items from the site and they are legit.

12. cel4145
    That's where I got mine. Came in mint condition.

13. SantinoSan
    Supposed to be delivered Sunday. I am very anxious to hear them. I have tried to keep tempered expectations, the DT1770 that I just returned were exceptional except for the sibilance...I wanted to love them. Alas I am too treble sensitive.

Assimilator702 and cel4145 like this.
  14. SantinoSan
    Just got my new Elear from FedEx today...so far I am very impressed. They were factory refurbished and they looked brand new.

Sound. I haven't had the time I need to have any opinion other than a first impression, but WOW. They are very dynamic and clean sounding.

These are a steal at $400. Now I just need to order some Dekoni pads.

fokta, kith86 and cel4145 like this.
  15. fokta
    Now is in too this setup....

20200120_192340.jpg
    20200120_192823.jpg

DX220 via optical cable - > Topping D30 - > AMP A30 (Burson V5i Dual Opamp mod) - > Elear...

20200117_221227.jpg
    20200117_221716.jpg

more power = more dynamic is damn true...

First

Back
381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390