Focal Clear headphones
Nov 27, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #10,126 of 12,542
Any one see any Black Friday deals on Focal MG's?
Here in Austria / Germany there is a Black Friday deal for less than 1200 €, I am considering if I should buy it.

Nov 29, 2021 at 12:57 AM Post #10,128 of 12,542
Hey everyone,

I have a Focal clear pro (without MG and it is red).
I have a small a problem these two days, I found when shaking a headphone or put it on then turning my head left and right (another kind of shaking), a small noise comes from my left driver, sounds like one part inside didnt screw well or tightly, like some small piece didnt fit and keeping shaking inside.

Anyone met that before, how can I fix that, it is so annoying, I can not ignore the small sound
Thanks

Ryan

Nov 29, 2021 at 3:06 AM Post #10,129 of 12,542
Hey everyone,

I have a small a problem these two days, I found when shaking a headphone or put it on then turning my head left and right (another kind of shaking), a small noise comes from my left driver, sounds like one part inside didnt screw well or tightly, like some small piece didnt fit and keeping shaking inside.

Anyone met that before, how can I fix that, it is so annoying, I can not ignore the small sound
Thanks

Ryan
The Clears are prone to creak a little, but there should of course not be anything loose inside.
I just shook mine and when I hold them by the headband there's some rattling, but when I hold them by the earcups + yokes and shake, I can just hear a little rattling in the headband, but none in the earcups.
Try that, and if nothing rattles inside the cup chances are that the noise you are hearing is coming from standard play in the components.

Nov 29, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #10,130 of 12,542
Hey everyone,

Thanks

Ryan
Check the flame. Those emblems were loose on my pair. Bit of glue fixed the issue for me.

Nov 29, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #10,131 of 12,542
Hey everyone,

Thanks

Ryan
I had a rattle like that, it was a wire out of groove that was causing it. Pretty easy to fix, you just need to open the shell, reposition the wire, and reassemble.

Nov 29, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #10,133 of 12,542
I had a rattle like that, it was a wire out of groove that was causing it. Pretty easy to fix, you just need to open the shell, reposition the wire, and reassemble.
Thank you everyone~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I decide to open it and check the wire
May I ask how to open the shell? it is from outside to loose the three little screws or from inside to remove the pad and screws?

This is how the rattle sounds like

Nov 29, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #10,138 of 12,542
Thank you everyone~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I decide to open it and check the wire
May I ask how to open the shell? it is from outside to loose the three little screws or from inside to remove the pad and screws?

This is how the rattle sounds like

Yeah, that pretty much sounds like a loose wire. You need to remove the pad, unscrew six tiny torx screws and the shell will open. Not sure about the size of those little screws, though. Reposition the wire, put everything back together.

Just checked: it's T6.

Attachments

• clear screws.jpg
    clear screws.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #10,140 of 12,542
Link? I see them at $1,499
Cyber Monday clearance items
All ltd quantity​
LSA 10 Signature demo List $2500.00 Sale $850.00 delivered
LSA 20 Signature demo List $4000.00 Sale $1590.00 delivered
HifiMan Jade 2 System headphones w/amp Sale $999.00
2 pr Focal Celestee headphones L-$1000. Sale $699.00
1 Burson HA 160 headphone amp Sale $299.00
2 pr Focal Clear MG headphones L-$1500. Sale $999.00
1 pr Martin Logan demo Motion ESL L-2500 Sale $1799
1m Core Power Silver RCA interconnects List $200 Sale $139.00
6 foot Emerald Physics power cords L-$250.00 Sale $99.00
One demo LSA T3 turntable List $3500. Sale $1490.00
1 pair Dan Clark Ether Flo open back headphones Sale $999.00
Demo Music Hall A30.3 85wpc int amp/DAC L-$1000 Sale $599.
1 new Musical Fidelity MX DAC L-$1000 Sale $499.00

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back