Focal Clear headphones
Sep 1, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #9,886 of 12,543
Looks like after not even a year my Clear Pro got a channel matching issue.
The left side response for 0-100 Hz is better then on the right driver, after the 100 Hz it shifts all to the right side.
Even when trying to match it via my RME balance settings, i can't get it correct.
Turning around the headphones, so switching ears inverts the effect, so it is now hearing loss.
Switched the cables, the sources, the amps, everywhere the same.

I have to ask the dealer if he can do something about it!
Just for my education, how did you determine / measure this? Thanks, and I do hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction.

Sep 2, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #9,887 of 12,543
Just for my education, how did you determine / measure this? Thanks, and I do hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction.
I own a RME ADI-2 DAC FS which shows me which frequency is used when i do a sweep.
Then after i nailed it down, i used a tone generator to verify the difference.
Switching ears by turning around the headphones showed the effect on the other side, so it is no hearing problem.
Tried the stock cables, Sky Audio cables, Hard Audio cables, balanced, unbalanced, switched the earpads between the sides and used new ones.
Tried all sources and Amps i have, always same effect.
Switching the headphones showed that it is not a problem in my chain, but it's the headphones itself.

Sep 6, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #9,888 of 12,543
Meze Cable update:

Got this in the mail today, so far sounds good fits well very good value for the money:

1630938101843.png

Sep 8, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #9,894 of 12,543
Wondering about Dekoni ear pads for Clear MG as I think lambskin may work better for me than microfiber. I didn't want to double post but if anyone has experience with DEkoni pads on Clear MG or OG please respond here. Thanks!

Sep 8, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #9,895 of 12,543
Wondering about Dekoni ear pads for Clear MG as I think lambskin may work better for me than microfiber. I didn't want to double post but if anyone has experience with DEkoni pads on Clear MG or OG please respond here. Thanks!
I responded in the linked post…

Sep 10, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #9,897 of 12,543
Took the splurge and ordered the Dekoni Stellia pads. Hopefully those will bring the bass out a tiny bit to prevent that annoying excursion limit.

Sep 10, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #9,898 of 12,543
Took the splurge and ordered the Dekoni Stellia pads. Hopefully those will bring the bass out a tiny bit to prevent that annoying excursion limit.
Cool @PhazeCrive. I'd love to hear your thoughts, along with the great info. from @Guidostrunk ... how do thse non-perforated impact soundstage / other sonic characteristics?

Sep 11, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #9,900 of 12,543
Finally getting a chance to have a listen to my Clear pro OG with the new Stellia LE Dekoni's on them, rockin out on a early Sunday morn while everyone sleeps in. Cable is another that I really like, made by Hart Audio.

BGYg1Dq.jpg

1PIEg8s.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back