Focal Clear headphones
Mar 26, 2020 at 3:33 AM Post #6,871 of 12,500
I dont get some people. A modern washing machine is anbe to clean the most expensive Kashmir wool pullovers, they have special cleaning cycles for sensitive stuff (I use it on my pads with no harm) and here you have people rubbing these pads while washing the pads by hand in a tub.
Better ask your wives next time.

I'm not married, but I wish I would have been before I washed those damn pads.

Mar 26, 2020 at 5:36 AM Post #6,872 of 12,500
That may work for the grey ones but as I said: the red ones bleed color like crazy. Tossing it in with other sensitive laundry is not advisable.
I am not going to let my machine (which has such programs) run on 2 headphone pads alone. What a waste of resources. Oo
It depends. If you want to save the world, wash the pads in your sink, if you want to save the pads, use the sensitive cycle on your washing machine.
But jokes aside, a wool cycle, luke warm water, just the pads (my machine weighs the load and adjusts water and detergent accordingly) will probably use less than 5 gallons of water and a tiny bit of electricity. Don't you think that $200 pads aren't worth that little extra care?

Mar 26, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #6,876 of 12,500
Then carefully wash them in small bowl, with some woolite...also my Samsung washing machine has a sports or active wear cycle that uses a very small amount of water.
Cost of water for a small load? vs $200 pads???

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #6,877 of 12,500
I guess I should've used wool detergent :deadhorse:.

But, the sound and comfort of my woolly pads is at least 2-3 tiers above vs new pads :L3000:.

I'm willing to offer Clear pads modding service to head-fiers, for the cost of shipping plus a small fee :beerchug:

Order your WoollyClear pads NOW!

11203286.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #6,879 of 12,500
So guys , what amps are you using with your Clears?
I've tried them on several different amps so far. The Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk2, the Cavalli Liquid Carbon 2.0, the Burson Bang power amp, the Chord Hugo 2, and my favorite so far is the Burson Conductor 3X. The LC 2.0 is also a great pairing. Powering them from the Bang power amp was overkill, but good grief did the dynamics and bass come alive.

Mar 28, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #6,880 of 12,500
am I the only one who thinks the squeaking can get really annoying when using the clears for watching something?
i use them A LOT for music, and I don’t notice it enough to really think about it, but now I’ve used them twice to watch series, and when it’s quiet, I keep hearing the headphones squeak.
I don’t imagine that there is, but I thought I would ask here if anyone has a solution for it?

Apr 13, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #6,881 of 12,500
am I the only one who thinks the squeaking can get really annoying when using the clears for watching something?
i use them A LOT for music, and I don’t notice it enough to really think about it, but now I’ve used them twice to watch series, and when it’s quiet, I keep hearing the headphones squeak.
I don’t imagine that there is, but I thought I would ask here if anyone has a solution for it?
Hmm no solution I am aware of. The squeak doesn't annoy me particularly to be honest. It's just a minor "click" when I shift the weight on mine.
I typically don't move around much for it to be an issue, even during movies.

Apr 15, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #6,885 of 12,500

Users who are viewing this thread

Back