Focal Clear headphones
Sep 11, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #9,901 of 12,543
Finally getting a chance to have a listen to my Clear pro OG with the new Stellia LE Dekoni's on them, rockin out on a early Sunday morn while everyone sleeps in. Cable is another that I really like, made by Hart Audio.

BGYg1Dq.jpg

1PIEg8s.jpg
Are they the Stellia limited pads? I think they're most comfortable pads. Absolutely love them lol

Sep 11, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #9,902 of 12,543
Are they the Stellia limited pads? I think they're most comfortable pads. Absolutely love them lol

Yep, that's why I said :slight_smile: LE = Limited Edition or at least it was meant to lol

Clear pro OG with the new Stellia LE Dekoni's

I like them very much but I do prefer leathers against my skin, well I guess it's just skin on skin lol. The foam is a bit firm, though the OEM pads foam is way too soft, not quite Goldilocks for me but close. With a bit of rolling and wearing in they'll prolly end up perfect given a few weeks

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #9,904 of 12,543
So LE stellia pads....more bass for the OG?

The Stellia loose some, based on the graph:

Dekoni-Stellia-LTD-1024x555.png

But i am also interested to hear, how they perform with the Clear.

Sep 12, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #9,905 of 12,543
The Stellia loose some, based on the graph:

Dekoni-Stellia-LTD-1024x555.png

But i am also interested to hear, how they perform with the Clear.
Well it's still putting a pair of "closed" earpads designed for a closeback headphone on an openback Clear, so I think it will add a bit more bass for the Clear. One review on Dekoni's page says its adding a good 1-3 db, lines up with what I read on the other forum linked on the previous page.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #9,906 of 12,543
Got those Dekoni stellia pads. Super soft, super plush. Probably one of the softest things I've ever touched. But for sound I don't notice any differences except maybe a 2% soundstage and imaging increase. They will need more "burn in" time for me to properly asses.

And yes I said pad burn in. This is headfi. Everything needs to be burned in :V

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #9,907 of 12,543
Got those Dekoni stellia pads. Super soft, super plush. Probably one of the softest things I've ever touched. But for sound I don't notice any differences except maybe a 2% soundstage and imaging increase. They will need more "burn in" time for me to properly asses.

And yes I said pad burn in. This is headfi. Everything needs to be burned in :V
Are you using these pads on Clear OG or Clear MG?

Sep 17, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #9,908 of 12,543
Hi All!

I got myself a Khadas Tone 2 Pro DAC/Amp combo and I've started to use it with my OG Clears, now I'm wondering if the output of the Khadas is enough to get the most out of the cans or should I get a separate amp for it.

Any help is massively appreciated!

Sep 17, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #9,910 of 12,543
Hi All!

I got myself a Khadas Tone 2 Pro DAC/Amp combo and I've started to use it with my OG Clears, now I'm wondering if the output of the Khadas is enough to get the most out of the cans or should I get a separate amp for it.

Any help is massively appreciated!
Should be fine on the dac end but there no way it's not bottlenecking on the amp side. Without current the Clears can sound a little lean.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2021 at 4:13 AM Post #9,912 of 12,543
Thanks.

Now the metriculous research starts to find the best non snake oil/magic fairy dust amp for it. :D
Maybe the Topping A30 Pro, Topping A90, SMSL M200, SMSL SU-8S or the Singxer SA-1?

Sep 17, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #9,914 of 12,543
Sounds good I'll check out those, if anyone has some further suggestions pls let me know. (a wee bit of bass extension is welcome)

Anyone has experience with the clears and the monoprice monolith thx 887?

Thanks
One vote here for topping A90. I had the original MD aaa 789, and I like the A90 way more. That may be a slightly unfair comparisson as I only had the topping D70 with the 789 and I use the A90 with the D90.

If you're looking for bass extension, just use EQ. Personally, I think people should get the most naturally reproduced sounding dac/amp, then custom it after the fact with EQ. Just my opinion though

Sep 20, 2021 at 2:50 PM Post #9,915 of 12,543
Dekoni Stellia LE pads, ZMF pilot pad...and super glue. The pilot pad fits but its so tight of a stretch that the velcro pulls off after a light touch. So I super glued the ends of the pilot pad together then gave one more line between the crease for good measure. There is no glue touching the Clear headband.

I feel with this the Clear's headband and earpads can now be cleaned, are more comfortable, and offer a better aesthetic.
20210920_130401.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back