1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Focal Clear headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by mtoc, Oct 1, 2017.
First

Back
417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426
428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435
Next

Last
  1. billqs
    Thanks for the pads update. I ordered an extra pair. They don't ship till April 2020, so some things with Drop (formerly Massdrop) never change!

roskodan likes this.
  2. Tsukuyomi
    do you wear glasses? if so, do you find it changes the sound due to seal variation ?

3. adydula
    I have the Clears and wear glasses and have no issues with sealing with or without I notice no real discernible differences.
    Listening at low volumes is nice, but it depends on the environment your in and the ambient noise in the background.

Alex

phthora likes this.
  4. roskodan
    Same here, no issues with glasses, the pads have the softest memory foam.

5. billqs
    It's a terrific deal for the pads- literally saving you 2/3 the cost from buying directly Focal.

6. Tsukuyomi
    mkay, because im able to order a pair of Focal Clear Pro's for 1699.99$ and im wondering about earpad seal with my glasses.
    the environment would be my very quiet computer desk in my bedroom. so i'm not worried about the environment :p

7. roskodan
    IDK, seems priced high to me, the Clear brand new goes for USD $1000, just need to wait for it a little bit.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  8. billqs
    I think the Pro design with black and red is higher. Don't think there's any performance difference.

9. racebit
    So I assume they work on the Clear. What are the differences to the Clear pads, and how do they compare with those on the Clear?
    Last time I checked massdrop it did not ship to EU. Does it now?
    I prefer the dark color on these compared to the original light grey, due to staining. Although I would prefer dark grey, rather than black or light grey, but unfortunately Focal does not produce those. Maybe in a future headphone.

10. TSAVJason
    those pads are not made from the same materials so if used on a Clear, the sound will not be the Clear sound. Focal has confirmed that the pads for that companies private sale are not the same as what’s used on the Clear.

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
    Torq and miceblue like this.
  11. roskodan
    What they mean is, they are not the same ripoff price.

Elear, Elex, Clear, Utopia, all these pads are interchangeable.

The Elex pads ship to the EU too ($64 shipped). Elex pads are perforated microfiber while the Clear pads are some kind of perforated Alcantara which stains really quickly. Other than the outside fabric, they seem to be the same. The 'inside' outer fabric looks the same, dimensions are the same, i guess the memory foam as well.

Clear has $200-250 pads that will stain after a couple hundreds hours, and can't be cleaned without causing lint.

If Focal was half the decent company they seem to be, they would do a recall on the Clear pads, or at least offer some decent replacement pads for a fair price.

I'm not buying the Clear pads, not because I don't wanna spend $200+, It's because I don't wanna throw away $200+ on something that is clearly not worth the money. Utopia pads are the same price as Clear pads in the EU, much better to get those if someone wants to spend $200-250.

Ichos likes this.
  12. dontfeedphils
    They're definitely not the same materials, inside or out, so they will absolutely change the sound of the headphones.

Focal doesn't hide the price they charge for pads, this info is easily found prior to purchase. If they're too much for you or you're not happy with the color, then I suppose the Clear isn't for you.

13. roskodan
    I'm not happy with the Clear pads' quality, therefore I'm not letting them rip me off of $200 bucks, when one can get Utopia pads for the same price.

Elex pads are made by Focal, same as Clear pads. Materials look exactly the same except for the outer fabric.

How is the sound different from the stock pads on a Clear? Pleas let us know, since you and the MotT are so set on scaring people from purchasing $60 bucks worth of pads.

Are they different like in the case of the Elear pads on a Utopia. Where both Tyll and Jude preferred the much cheaper Elear pads with the Utopia vs Utopia's stock pads?
    www.innerfidelity.com/content/effects-switching-pads-focal-utopia-and-elear-0

Please enlighten us with some facts instead of just doing the 'haters gonna hate' routine.

Ichos likes this.
  14. adeadcrab
    The diffusion fabric (inner ring closest to the driver) is identical for Clear and Elex. I have to assume these are very similar pads besides colour and outside fabric (micrifibre vs alcantara).

roskodan likes this.
  15. roskodan
    Exactly, which is the reason why I didn't pull the trigger on the Dekoni pads, which don't have the inside 'diffusion' fabric. Although the site that cannot be named recommends them as being better than the stock ones for the Utopia.

First

Back
417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426
428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435
Next

Last