1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Focal Clear headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by mtoc, Oct 1, 2017.
First

Back
408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417
419 420 421 422 423 424
Next

Last
  1. Tsukuyomi
    Hey guys, im thinking of selling my Beyer DT1990 Pros and buying a Focal Clear, do you guys know how they stack up?

Also i wear glasses, and i've heard a few people in discord or other audio sites mention that the Focal Clear doesn't scale well with people who wear glasses because the arms of the glasses compromise the seal of the earpads and the sound changes as opposed to someone wearing no glasses. I have never experienced this change with my DT1990 Pro or other cans i've demo'd and if this is the case with the Clears, it may be a deal breaker for me. Unfortunately im unable to demo a pair as no store in my city carrys Focal headphones but can order them once i've purchased or put money aside for them. So, i'd be ordering "blind" almost. any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

2. phthora
    I wear glasses and have had no issues with the Clear. In fact, I find that the perforations on the pads make them a bit more flexible and form-fitting than something like sheepskin pads. Switching between glasses or no glasses, I don't hear any difference. This is definitely not the case with all my headphones. My AEON C and EL-8C both need some time for the leather to warm up before I get a good seal. The Audeze LCD series doesn't fully seal until the memory foam is warm. With the Clear, I don't have those warm-up issues at all.

Oh, and the arms of my glass are couple millimeters thick, a centimeter tall, and flare out just past my ears. Not really ideal for headphones generally. Hope that helps.

koover, Tsukuyomi and bidn like this.
  3. koover
    I wear glasses with my headphones all the time. The trick is and it works just fine if anyone would just try it, is?.... take off your glasses then put on your headphones. Once you’ve done that, take your glasses and just place the arms on “top” of the cups and go about your business. Sure they sit on a somewhat downward angle but it works and I don’t even realize that I’m wearing them differently. They have never come close to falling off and stay snug as can be. Try it.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    Tsukuyomi likes this.
  4. Paulo Abreu
    And what about one of these https://www.thinoptics.com/reading-glasses-universal-pod for the listening sessions?

5. Tsukuyomi
    Very informative, this eases my worry quite a bit. thank you :)

6. adydula
    Just got my set of Clears, and I wear glasses for reading and pc screen, no issue with the fit...the eadpads are wonderful....

Great deal for $999!

Thanks Focal!
    Alex

Tsukuyomi and Anaz like this.
  7. will f
    Just bit the bullet and bought some clears as well. I have to say I’ve really become a fan of Focal. Exceptionally well made headphones and IMHO excellent sound staging. After my first Planar, I didn’t think any dynamic driver could stand against planar magnetics, but after spending a while with the Elex and Stellia, I’ve changed my tune.

phthora likes this.
  8. will f
    Question for the thread- has anyone put Dekoni pads on these, and what happened?

Will

9. Tsukuyomi
    unfortunately i asked a dekoni rep at an audio salon show. he said he personally didnt recommend swapping their pads, as they tune the headphones to match up specifically with thoes pads. and swapping would ruin the sound.

10. adydula
    The one negative thing about these Clears is that they really let you know how bad some of the music I have really is.....Ugh!!

With well mastered and recorded stuff its really wonderful...

Alex

11. will f
    For the Clear specifically or any Focal headphone?

12. CTheE
    This current sub 1k deal that is going on is very tempting.

13. adydula
    Dont wait its almost the end of Sept!!

14. CTheE
    yeah, Im still torn tbh - it would be another dynamic added to my collection - no planars so far. Thats why I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

15. Tekunda
    So which planar is tempting you then?
    Next to my Clear, I will probably pull the trigger for a pair of the new Heddphone when they come out for €1700 in Nov.
    This is an unbeatable price/sound quality ratio, if you ask me.

First

Back
408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417
419 420 421 422 423 424
Next

Last