Focal Clear headphones
May 20, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #3,661 of 12,542
Houston, tranquility base here.
The Eagle has landed.
IMG_20180520_093331845.jpg

May 20, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #3,662 of 12,542
Sry, I am not a cable believer.

Thanks for your response koiloco. I do not intent to wake sleeping dogs with my question, merely trying to find somebody who might have had a go at the combination Clear/Blue Heaven :)

May 20, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #3,663 of 12,542
May 20, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #3,664 of 12,542
Thank you!
The pair I auditioned at home were fully broken in. I'm amazed at how well these sound right out of the box.

May 20, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #3,665 of 12,542
Anyone try the Dekoni pads for the Clear yet?

May 21, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #3,667 of 12,542
I asked earlier with many respected responses but i didnt request the heavy bass requirement.
Im looking for a heavy bass can . ( more bass than the Clears) To compliment my Clears.
Any suggestions thanks.

Definitely you should have a listen to the Fostexs TH900 MKI or MKII. On closed cans you've also got the Audezes LCD-XC and Sony Z1Rs.

On open ones, you can try whatever LCD- you can. I've got the LCD-Xs and their bass slam is really nice.

Last edited:
May 21, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #3,670 of 12,542
I asked earlier with many respected responses but i didnt request the heavy bass requirement.
Im looking for a heavy bass can . ( more bass than the Clears) To compliment my Clears.
Any suggestions thanks.
Sony MDR-Z1R.
But if you like the Clear I don't see you liking their muffled bass.
When I tested them it took me 10 seconds to put them back saying no thanks.

TH900 yes, very full but V-shaped, so the mids will be underwhelming vs the Clear.

I should say Utopia, but yeah...

May 21, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #3,671 of 12,542
Any suggestions thanks.
If you want a headphone with better, bigger bass that matches the quality of the Clear’s mids there’s only one I can think of - ZMF Atticus. I have one as a complement to my Elear. I have no idea how anyone can say the Elear has ‘too much bass’. Compared to a bass-tuned headphone like the Atticus, I find the Elear to have plenty of punch but the bass is very balanced to my ears (and no, I’m not a basshead). If the Clear has less bass than the Elear, I’m not surprised you want more :wink:

May 21, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #3,672 of 12,542
If you want a headphone with better, bigger bass that matches the quality of the Clear’s mids there’s only one I can think of - ZMF Atticus. I have one as a complement to my Elear. I have no idea how anyone can say the Elear has ‘too much bass’. Compared to a bass-tuned headphone like the Atticus, I find the Elear to have plenty of punch but the bass is very balanced to my ears (and no, I’m not a basshead). If the Clear has less bass than the Elear, I’m not surprised you want more :wink:
The Elear might have more mid bass, but the Clear's bass extends lower and is much better quality (control, clarity). I love my bass and I found the Clear's bass more satisfying than the Elear's. I don't know how can anyone prefer the Elear for EDM when there is quite a sub-bass roll off there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back